Subcommittee Chair: TBA
Subcommittee Staff Support:
Readmission Subcommittee Standing Rules
The Readmission Subcommittee is a subcommittee of the Faculty Senate Academic Policies Committee, responsible for the evaluation of appeals for readmission of dismissed students after a mandatory interruption in enrollment.
- Evaluates appeals for readmission of dismissed students after a mandatory interruption in enrollment; and
- Prepares and presents an annual report to the Faculty Senate.
- Voting Members
- Eight members appointed by the Faculty Senate. No more than two members may be from a single college and no two members may be from the same department/unit. Every effort shall be made to encourage membership from each college.
- One college-based faculty representative from each of the seven Colleges; and
- One Reinstatement Coordinator.
- Non-Voting/Ex-Officio Members:
- One liaison from, and appointed by, the Academic Policies Committee; and
- The Faculty Senate Chair.
- Additional ex-officio membership may be recommended by the subcommittee, the Academic Policies Committee, the Executive Committee, or the President or designee.
- The term of appointment for faculty representatives shall be for three years, with the possibility of reappointment. Appointments will be staggered to ensure that approximately one-third of the faculty members are appointed each year.
- The term of the non-voting / ex-officio members will be one-year.
- The Chair shall be elected from and be among the voting members of the Committee.
- The term of office of the Chair shall be one year. The term shall begin at noon on the last day of the spring semester in which elected and shall end at noon on the last day of the spring semester of the following year.
- A faculty member may be elected to serve up to three consecutive terms of one year each as the Committee Chair. After an interval of a year following the end of the third consecutive term, the faculty member shall become eligible again for election to the Chair of the Committee.
- The Chair is responsible for establishing the agenda for each meeting.
- At its first meeting of the academic year, the Committee shall elect from its voting members a Vice-Chair.
- The term of office of the Vice-Chair shall be one academic year. The term shall begin upon election of the Vice-Chair at the first committee meeting of the year and shall end at noon on the last day of the spring semester of the academic year.
- The Vice-Chair shall preside over the routine business of the Committee in the absence of the Committee Chair or should the office of the Committee Chair become vacant, until the election of a new Committee Chair.
- The Committee shall be a subcommittee of, and reporting to, the Academic Policies Committee.
- Issues addressed by the Committee may be referred to the Academic Policies Committee and/or the Executive Committee.
- The Committee shall meet monthly or as needed at a designated time and place. Because of the sensitive content of committee meetings, they shall be closed.
- The meeting agenda shall be distributed and supporting documentation provided to the Committee at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- Committee agendas will be published and made accessible to the campus community at least 72 hours prior to the meeting.
- A quorum of the Committee shall be a majority of the voting members. The Committee shall not official action in the absence of a quorum. A minimum of three faculty representatives shall be present during all committee deliberations.
Adoption of Standing Rules
- FS 14/15-113/-RS/APC/EX: Adopted February 4, 2015
- FS 98-70: Adopted October 29, 1998