I Have Been Admitted
Fall 2013 Admissions Checklist
Welcome to California State University, Sacramento!
This checklist will help you through the steps you need to take to ensure a successful start here at Sacramento State.
- Set up your SacLink account www.saclink.csus.edu if you have not already done so. This will allow you to access important information and communication via your My Sac State. This personal portal is how you will stay current with all campus information, access your personalized To Do List, get payment and account information, and search and register for classes. Access My Sac State at www.my.csus.edu.
- Early Start is an enrollment requirement for some Fall 2013 First-time Freshmen (FTF). Test scores determine whether a student is required to participate in Early Start. The CSU wants to help first-time freshmen applicants get an “Early Start” toward their preparation for college level work. Freshmen who need extra preparation to be ready for college-level English and/or math must start that process no later than the summer before their first term. Visit the Early Start website for more information.
- Complete the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Math (ELM) placement exam requirements. These tests are required (unless you are exempt) and must be completed no later than May 4, 2013. For more information on this requirement, exemptions and instructions, test schedule, visit the CSU Testing Site at http://www.ets.org/csu/about. Find test locations and dates and register online at https://ept-elm.ets.org/CSU/
If you live outside of the state of California, have been admitted to a CSU campus and need to take the EPT and/or the ELM before arriving in California, please call 1-925-808-2142 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org. Out-of-state testing is arranged for the 2nd week of the month, except in May, when the test is the first week. Arrangements must be made by the 15th of the month before testing will take place. There is an additional fee of $50 for testing outside of the state of California.
- Confirm your Intent to Enroll (ITE). You must let us know if you are planning to attend Sacramento State for Fall 2013 by May 1, 2013. Go to www.csus.edu/admissions/ite to confirm your intent to enroll. NOTE: this is a critical deadline! Failure to complete the ITE by the deadline will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration.
- Applying for Financial Aid? Check your "To Do List" in the Student Center of your My Sac State account and be sure to submit all requested documents on or before June 1, 2013. Then watch your My Sac State in the spring to Accept/Decline Financial Aid awards. For more information on financial aid awards go to: www.csus.edu/faid.
- If you are planning to live on campus, submit your online housing application available beginning March 11, 2013. For more information on housing and application instructions go to: www.csus.edu/housing.
- Beginning April 2, 2013 - sign up for Mandatory New Student Orientation which takes place in July. During Orientation you will receive academic advising and register for classes. The deadline to register is July 1, 2013, but spaces fill quickly, so you are encouraged to register as soon as possible. For information go to: www.csus.edu/orientation.
- Send your FINAL & OFFICIAL transcripts with all final grades and your graduation date posted by June 30, 2013 to:
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
Transcripts can also be dropped off in our Admissions Counseling Center, Lassen Hall #1102, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 4pm.
- Pay your Registration Fees. Fee statements and payments are due after course registration. Several payment options are available, for more information on deadlines and payment options go to www.csus.edu/sfsc. If you do not pay fees on time, you will be dropped from your classes.
- Make sure you have met the CSU immunization requirement. Click here for more information.