I Have Been Admitted
Fall 2015 Admissions Checklist (coming soon)
Welcome to California State University, Sacramento!
Special Early Admission for High Achieving Upper Division Transfers - if you receive your admission early (before the March 1, 2015 admission date) congratulations! You have been identified as meeting the High Achieving criteria as defined: a 3.5 or higher grade point average, minimum college subject requirements (the 'golden 4') completed or in progress, are in good standing at the last college/university attended, have already paid your application fee, are a domestic undergraduate and residency has already been determined. (Please note that admission decisions are based on self-reported information provided on your admission application and are subject to verification.)
This checklist will help you through the steps you need to take to ensure a successful start here at Sacramento State.
- Set up your SacLink account at www.saclink.csus.edu if you have not already done so. This will allow you to access My Sac State. This personal portal is where you stay current with information about the campus, access account information and a personalized To Do List, and find and register for classes.
- Submit your online housing application beginning March 2015. For more information on housing and application instructions go to: www.csus.edu/housing.
- Official Transcripts including final grades for Fall 2014 are required prior to registering for Mandatory New Student Orientation. If transcripts are not received by March 15, 2015, your application will be withdrawn.
- If you applied as AA-T/AS-T degree recipient, you are required to provide proof of eligibility to Admissions & Outreach by March 15, 2015. See http://www.adegreewithaguarantee.com/ for more information.
- If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instruction and important deadlines.
- Biological Sciences: www.csus.edu/bios/impaction.html
- Business: http://www.cba.csus.edu/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/cj/programs/impaction.html
- Graphic Design: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Photography: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/program-impaction.html
- Confirm your Intent to Enroll (ITE). You need to let us know if you are planning to attend Sacramento State for Fall 2015 by May 1, 2015. Go to www.csus.edu/admissions/ite. NOTE: This is a critical deadline! Failure to complete the ITE by the deadline will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration.
- Beginning April 1, 2015, sign up for mandatory Transfer Orientationwhich takes place in June. During Orientation, you will receive academic advising (major and General Education) and register for fall classes. Space fills up quickly so you are encouraged to register as soon as possible. For information go to:www.csus.edu/orientation.
- Applying for Financial Aid? Check your "To Do List" in the Student Center of your My Sac State account and be sure to submit all requested documents on or before June 1, 2015. Then watch your My Sac State in the spring to Accept/Decline Financial Aid awards. For more information on financial aid awards go to: www.csus.edu/faid.
- Send your final & official transcripts with all final grades from all high schools and colleges you have attended by June 30, 2015. Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions from the following community colleges: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. Except if you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript. Send your transcripts to:
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
- Upper Division Transfer students are NOT required to take the Entry Level Math (ELM) or English Placement Test (EPT). Your successful completion of college level math and English courses will satisfy placement requirements. Please note that taking the placement tests cannot be used in lieu of college level math and English courses for admission eligibility. Upon verification of your eligibility, these items will be removed from your Student Center “to do” list.
- Pay your registration fees. Fee statements and payments are due after course registration. Several payment options are available, for more information on deadlines and payment options go to www.csus.edu/sfsc. If you do not pay fees on time, you will be dropped from your classes.
- Make sure you have met the CSU immunization requirement. Click here for information.
Classes begin August 31, 2015!
Application Correction Request (coming soon) - for ADMITTED students - Did you make an error while completing your application? Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766.