I Have Been Admitted
Welcome to California State University, Sacramento!
This checklist will help you through the steps you need to take to ensure a successful start here at Sacramento State.
Set up your SacLink account at www.saclink.csus.edu if you have not already done so. This will allow you to access My Sac State. This personal portal is where you can stay current with information about the campus, and access your Student Center for account and financial information, a personalized To Do List, and find and register for classes.
If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instruction and important deadlines:
- Business: http://www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/cj/programs/impaction.html
- Graphic Design and Photography: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/program-impaction.html
Pre-Major vs. Expressed Interest - what does this mean for you?
- Pre-Major – A designation for undergraduate students pursuing a non-impacted major. These students may declare or be assigned major status upon admission to the university or by the department/program of their intended major after completing specified pre-requisites as defined by their academic department/program.
- Expressed Interest – A designation for undergraduate students interested in pursuing an impacted major but who may not declare or be assigned by the department/program of their intended major upon admission to the university. These students must successfully complete any specified pre-requisites and a supplemental admissions process in order to be formally admitted to the major/program.
Submit Official College Transcripts (showing Fall 2014 in progress) and AP, CLEP, IB test scores by September 15, 2014.
- Send your transcripts to:
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
Transcripts can also be dropped off in our Admissions Counseling Center, Lassen Hall #1102, Monday through Friday, between 9am and 4pm or emailed to: email@example.com
Submit proof of AA-T/AS-T Degree completion (or petition to graduate) by October 31, 2014 - if applicable.
Confirm your Intent to Enroll (ITE). You need to let us know if you are planning to attend Sacramento State for Spring 2015 as soon as possible and no later than November 1, 2014. Go to www.csus.edu/admissions/ite.
NOTE: This is a critical action! Failure to complete the ITE by the deadline will result in your application being withdrawn from consideration.
Upper Division Transfer students are NOT required to take the Entry Level Math (ELM) or English Placement Test (EPT). Your successful completion of college level math and English courses will satisfy placement requirements. Please note that taking the placement tests cannot be used in lieu of college level math and English courses for admission eligibility. Upon verification of your eligibility, these items will be removed from your Student Center “to do” list.
Go to your Student Center in your My Sac State to Accept/Decline Financial Aid awards. Make sure you have indicated Sacramento State on your FAFSA. For more information on financial aid go to: www.csus.edu/faid.
Submit your online housing application. For more information on housing and application instructions go to: www.csus.edu/housing.
Sign up for mandatory Transfer Orientation. During Orientation, you will receive academic advising (major and General Education). Sign up beginning November 10th. You must register by December 5, 2014. For information and to register go to: www.csus.edu/orientation.
Sign up for classes at Orientation!
Pay your registration fees. Fee statements and payments are due after course registration. Several payment options are available, for more information on deadlines and payment options go to www.csus.edu/sfsc. If you do not pay fees on time, you will be dropped from your classes.
Send your final & official transcripts with all final grades from all colleges you have attended by January 15, 2015.
Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions from the following community colleges: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. Except if you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript.
Make sure you have met the CSU immunization requirement. Click here for information.