I Have Applied
Welcome Future Hornet
Most admission decisions will not be available until after March 1st. Admissions staff will be unable to answer application status questions before that date.
Please do not send transcripts unless requested to do so. Check your 'To Do List' on My Sac State.
So what should you do in the meantime?
Follow the list below of important things to take care of while your admission to Sac State is being determined.
Prepare for and Take Your SAT or ACT Test
You must take the SAT or ACT no later than December of your senior year and submit the test scores to Sacramento State.
Use SAT Code 4671 and ACT Code 0382.
Complete the English Placement Test (EPT) and the Entry Level Math (ELM) placement exam requirements.
These tests are required (unless you are exempt) and must be completed before you can register for Orientation. For more information on this requirement, exemptions and instructions, test schedule, visit the CSU Testing Site at http://www.ets.org/csu/about.
Tests are available beginning in November and February 11th is the last test date for students planning to attend Sac State for Fall.
Find test locations and dates and register online at https://ept-elm.ets.org/CSU/
If you live outside of the state of California, have been admitted to a CSU campus and need to take the EPT and/or the ELM before arriving in California, please call 1-925-808-2142 or e-mail email@example.com. Out-of-state testing is arranged for the 2nd week of the month, except in May, when the test is the first week. Arrangements must be made by the 15th of the month before testing will take place. There is an additional fee of $50 for testing outside of the state of California.
Students who have not registered for and/or completed their EPT/ELM testing, will not be able to register for Orientation until proof of registration and/or testing is verified.
Create Your SacLink Account
The information you need to set up a SacLink account is on the Application Acknowledgement emailed to the account you indicated on your application. Specifically, you will use your Sac State ID.
SacLink, at https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, is your point of entry and gateway to Sacramento State information resources. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing the specific ID that identifies you as a Sac State student. SacLink additionally provides campus e-mail and internet services to all students.
To register for a SacLink account, go to https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx. Click on "Frequently Asked Questions" for help setting up your account.
Visit "My Sac State" often.
At "My Sac State," you can:
- View messages from Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Registrar
Visit your Student Center to:
- View your application status beginning March 1st
- Check your financial aid status
- Check your To Do list for important items
- Enroll for classes
- Update personal information such as mailing address, email address, and phone number
Keep In Touch With Us
Check your email regularly
We will be communicating with you at the email address you provided on your application for admission. If this is not your preferred email, please update it as soon as possible on My Sac State.
Take a campus tour
Take a tour of the beautiful campus and see for yourself all that Sacramento State's community has to offer.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|October 1 - November 30||Priority dates to submit application for admission.|
|October 1 - March 2||Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) using school code 001150|
|December 3||Last SAT test date for scores to arrive at Sac State in time to make an admissions decision. Visit http://www.collegeboard.com/student for more information|
|December 10||Last ACT test date for scores to arrive at Sac State in time to make an admissions decision www.actstudent.org|
|December 22||Deadline to submit application fee|
|January 19||Deadline to submit SAT/ACT test scores|
|February 11||Last test date for ELM/EPT - deadline to register January 28|
|March 1||Begin checking your My Sac State for your admission decision|
|**Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your application for admission being withdrawn from consideration.|
Application Fee Waiver
If your request for an application fee waiver was denied, you can file an appeal with the appropriate office within two weeks of receiving notification that your request was denied.
- If you were denied due to INCOME, here are the instructions to file your appeal.
- If you were denied due to RESIDENCY or immigration status and you would like to appeal this decision, then you must submit a completed Residency Questionnaire and Application Fee Waiver (both forms must be stapled together) to the Residency Screening Office. Appeals are due within 2 weeks of receiving notification that your original application fee waiver request was denied. More information about residency can be found by visiting the Admissions Residency page or contact the Residency Screening Coordinator at (916) 278-7766.
- You are limited to receiving an application fee waiver for a total of four CSU campuses. Fees must be paid for any applications filed in excess of four and you are not allowed to appeal this limitation.
- We do NOT accept fee waiver forms from the ACT, SAT, or NACAC fee-waiver programs. The only fee waiver we accept is the CSU Request for Waiver that is a part of the online Undergraduate Admission application.
Application Correction Request - PRE-ADMISSION ONLY
Did you make an error while completing your application? Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766. If you have already been admitted and need to make changes, visit the "I Have Been Admitted" page for the correct form/instructions.
There is still more to do while you wait for your admission decision.
Review the information on this page and pay close attention to important dates and deadlines!