I Have Applied
First Time Freshmen
Welcome to the "I have applied" web page for potential Sacramento State freshman. On this page, you'll find out all about what you need to do as you wait for your admission decision.
Most admission decisions will not be available until after March 1, 2013. Admissions staff will be unable to answer application status questions before that date.
Special Early Admission for High Achieving First Time Freshman - if you received your admission early (before the March 1, 2013 admission date) congratulations! You have been identified as meeting the High Achieving criteria as defined: a 3.5 or higher grade point average, minimum high school subject requirements completed or in progress, have already paid your application fee, are a domestic undergraduate FTF and residency has already been determined.
Please do not send transcripts unless requested to do so. Check your 'To Do List' on My Sac State.
So what should you do in the meantime?
Here is a list of important things to take care of while your admission to Sac State is being determined:
1. Take tests
- SAT or ACT: You must take the SAT or ACT no later than December 2012, and submit the test scores to Sacramento State no later than January 18, 2013. Access additional information about the SAT at http://www.collegeboard.com/student, and about the ACT at www.actstudent.org
- CSU Placement Tests: The CSU requires students to take the English Placement Test (EPT) and Entry Level Math (ELM) exam prior to enrollment, unless students are exempt. Visit www.ets.org/csu for a complete description of the EPT and ELM. If you think you are exempt from the EPT, ELM, or both based on your SAT, ACT, AP Exams, or EAP results, send your scores to Sacramento State as soon as possible.
- Sacramento State EPT and ELM registration: visit www.csus.edu/testing to register for the EPT/ELM test at Sac State. May 4, 2013 is the last test date for students planning to attend Sac State for Fall 2013.
- EPT/ELM Testing on other CSU campuses: You do not have to take the EPT and ELM at Sac State; you may take it at whatever campus is most convenient to you. Click here for a list of testing locations and dates, and here for more information about registering to take the tests.
2. Create your SacLink account www.saclink.csus.edu
The information you need to set up a SacLink account is on the Application Acknowledgement emailed to the account you indicated on your application. Specifically, you will use your Sac State ID. The location of your Sac State ID on the email is pictured below.
SacLink, at www.saclink.csus.edu, is your point of entry and gateway to Sacramento State information resources. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing the specific ID that identifies you as a Sac State student. SacLink additionally provides campus e-mail and internet services to all students.
To register for a SacLink account, go to https://accounts.irt.csus.edu, or click the button pictured below on the SacLink homepage. You may also click on “How to Set Up a SacLink Account” for more detailed instructions.
3. Visit "My Sac State" often.
At "My Sac State," you can:
- View your application status beginning March 1, 2013
- View messages from Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Registrar
- Check your financial aid status
- Enroll for classes
- Update personal information such as mailing address, email address, and phone number
4. Check your email regularly
We will be communicating with you at the email address you provided on your application for admission. If this is not your preferred email, please update it as soon as possible on My Sac State.
5. Take a campus tour
Take a tour of the beautiful campus and see for yourself all that Sacramento State's community has to offer. For more information, visit http://www.csus.edu/admissions/Campus%20Tours/index.html
6. Be Aware of Important Dates
|October 1 - November 30||Priority dates to submit application for admission.|
|December 1||Last SAT test date for scores to arrive at Sac State in time to make an admissions decision. Visit http://www.collegeboard.com/student for more information.|
|December 8||Last ACT test date for scores to arrive at Sac State in time to make an admissions decision www.actstudent.org.|
|December 20||Deadline to submit application fee.|
|January 18||Deadline to submit SAT/ACT test scores.|
|March 1||Begin checking your My Sac State for your admission decision.|
|**Important Note: Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your application for admission being withdrawn from consideration.|