I Have Applied
Transfer students are those who have earned college credit at a community college or other institution.
Welcome to the “I have applied” web page for potential Sacramento State new transfer students. On this page, you’ll find out all about what you need to do as you wait for your admission decision.
We anticipate having your admissions decision beginning October 1, 2013. Admissions staff will be unable to answer application status questions before this date. Remember, your admissions decision will be based on the academic information you provided on your application.
So what should you do in the meantime?
Here are important things you need to do while your admission application is under review:
1. Create your SacLink account at https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx.
The information you need to set up a SacLink account is on the Application Acknowledgement email you will receive at the email address indicated on your application. Specifically, you will use your Sac State ID. The location of your Sac State ID on the email is pictured below.
SacLink, at https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, is your point is your point of entry and gateway to Sacramento State information resources. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing the specific ID that identifies you as a Sac State student. SacLink additionally provides campus e-mail and internet services to all students.
To register for a SacLink account, go to https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, or click the button pictured below on the SacLink homepage. You may also click on “How to Set Up a SacLink Account” for more detailed instructions.
2. Visit "My Sac State" often.
At "My Sac State," you can:
- View messages from Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Registrar
Visit your Student Center, where you can:
- Update personal information such as mailing address, email address, and phone number
- Check your financial aid status
- Enroll for classes
3. Check your email regularly
We will be communicating with you at the email address you provided on your application for admission. If this is not your preferred email, please update it as soon as possible on My Sac State.
4. Take a campus tour
Take a tour of the beautiful campus and see for yourself all that Sacramento State's community has to offer. For more information, visit our Campus Tours page.
5. Be Aware of Important Dates
|August 1 - 31, 2013||Application Period for Transfer Applicants|
|September 19||Deadline to Submit Application Fee|
|September 19||Deadline to Submit Official Transcripts showing Fall 2013 courses in progress|
|October 1||Check My Sac State for admissions decision|
|November 1||Deadline to complete Intent to Enroll (ITE)|
|October 31||Deadline to submit proof of AA-T/AS-T Degree (petition) if applicable|
|November 15||Register for Mandatory New Student Orientation (limited space, register early!)|
|Nov 12 - Dec 6||Attend a Mandatory New Student Orientation session|
|Dec 16 & 17||Register for Classes|
|January 16||Final Document Deadline|
|January 27||Classes Begin!|
Failure to adhere to any of the above deadlines will result in your application for admission being removed from consideration.
Application Fee Waiver – if your request for an application fee waiver was denied, you can file an appeal with the appropriate office within two weeks of receiving notification that your request was denied.
- If you were denied due to INCOME, here are the instructions to file your appeal for review by the Financial Aid Office. Contact the Financial Aid Office for more information.
- If you were denied due to RESIDENCY or immigration status and you would like to appeal this decision, then you must submit a completed Residency Questionnaire and Application Fee Waiver (both forms must be stapled together) to the Residency Screening Office. Appeals are due within 2 weeks of receiving notification that your original application fee waiver request was denied. More information about residency can be found by visiting the Admissions Residency page or contact the Residency Screening Coordinator at (916) 278-7766.
Application Correction Request - Did you make an error while completing your application? Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766.