I Have Applied
Welcome Future Hornet
Most admission decisions will not be available until after March 1st (Fall) or October 1st (Spring). Admissions staff will be unable to answer application status questions before that date.
So what should you do in the meantime?
The following items describe important things you need to do while your admission application is under review.
Create Your SacLink
The information you need to set up a SacLink account is on the Application Acknowledgement email you will receive at the email address you indicated on your application. Specifically, you will use your Sac State ID.
SacLink, at https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, is your point is your point of entry and gateway to Sacramento State information resources. When you create a SacLink account, you are establishing the specific ID that identifies you as a Sac State student. SacLink additionally provides campus e-mail and internet services to all students.
To register for a SacLink account, go to https://mysaclink.csus.edu/Default.aspx, or click the button pictured below on the SacLink homepage. You may also click on “How to Set Up a SacLink Account” for more detailed instructions.
Check your "MySacState" often!
At "MySacState," you can:
- View messages from Financial Aid, Admissions, and the Registrar
Visit your Student Center to:
- View your application status
- Check your financial aid status
- Check your To Do list for important items
- Enroll for classes
- Update personal information such as mailing address, email address, and phone number
Keep In Touch With Us
Check your email regularly
We will be communicating with you at the email address you provided on your application for admission. If this is not your preferred email, please update it as soon as possible on My Sac State.
Take a campus tour
Take a tour of the beautiful campus and see for yourself all that Sacramento State's community has to offer.
Important Dates and Deadlines
|October 1 - November 30||August 1 - 31||Dates to submit application for admission|
|October 1 - March 2||---||Apply for Financial Aid (FAFSA) using school code 001150|
|December 22||September 15||Deadline to submit application fee|
|January 26||September 15||Deadline to submit OFFICIAL transcripts showing ALL college coursework completed (including courses in progress, AP, CLEP, IB test scores)|
|March 1||October 1||Begin checking your My Sac State for your admissions decision|
Failure to adhere to any of the posted deadlines will result in your application for admission being withdrawn from consideration.
Submit Your Transcripts
Submit your FINAL & OFFICIAL transcripts with all final grades from all high schools and colleges you have attended by June 30th (for Fall) or January 12th (for Spring).
Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions from the following community colleges: American River College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, and San Joaquin Delta College. Except if you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript.
*Please note: We are no longer able to electronically request transcripts on behalf of our students from the San Mateo County Community College District (Canada College, College of San Mateo, and Skyline College).
Returning Sac State students should send transcripts only from those college/universities attended since leaving Sac State.
Admissions & Outreach
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6048
Admissions Counseling Center
Lassen Hall #1102
Monday – Friday 9am to 4pm
Official transcripts MUST BE in their sealed envelopes from the source. Opened transcripts or transcripts in personal envelopes will be considered "unofficial"
Your institution may directly email the official transcript to firstname.lastname@example.org . Emailed transcripts must come directly from the institution - personal emails or attachments will be considered "unofficial".
Campus and Program Impaction
If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instructions and important deadlines:
- Biological Sciences: http://www.csus.edu/bios/undergraduate programs.html
- Business: http://www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/CJ/Undergraduate/impaction%20faq.html
- Graphic Design: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/about/impaction.html
Learn more about Impaction by visiting our Impaction page.
Application Fee Waiver
If your request for an application fee waiver was denied, you can file an appeal with the appropriate office within two weeks of receiving notification that your request was denied.
- If you were denied due to INCOME, here are the instructions to file your appeal.
- If you were denied due to RESIDENCY or immigration status and you would like to appeal this decision, then you must submit a completed Residency Questionnaire and Application Fee Waiver (both forms must be stapled together) to the Residency Screening Office. Appeals are due within 2 weeks of receiving notification that your original application fee waiver request was denied. More information about residency can be found by visiting the Admissions Residency page or contact the Residency Screening Coordinator at (916) 278-7766.
- You are limited to receiving an application fee waiver for a total of four CSU campuses. Fees must be paid for any applications filed in excess of four and you are not allowed to appeal this limitation.
- We do NOT accept fee waiver forms from the ACT, SAT, or NACAC fee-waiver programs. The only fee waiver we accept is the CSU Request for Waiver that is a part of the online Undergraduate Admission application.
Application Correction Request - PreAdmission ONLY
Did you make an error while completing your application?
Submit a completed Application Correction Request form and any supporting documentation to Admissions & Outreach as soon as possible! Changes to your contact information you can do yourself through your My Sac State account. Do not use this form for changes to birth date, social security number or name - these require you to call our office for instructions at (916) 278-7766.
If you have already been admitted and need to make changes, visit the "I Have Been Admitted" page for the correct form/instructions.
There is still more to do while you wait for your admission decision!
Review the information on this page and pay close attention to important dates and deadlines!