I Want to Apply
Returning students are those who were previously enrolled at Sacramento State, who have not enrolled in classes for more than one semester, and who would like to return. We encourage you to review and download a copy of the "On Ramp to Return to Sac State" brochure created by University Retention Services with information, resources and advice to help ease your return to Sac State.
The application period for Fall 2013 CLOSED on November 30, 2012.
- Returning students are required to apply during the application filing period, October 1 - November 30 at CSUMentor.edu. www.csumentor.edu
Upper Division - Minimum of 60 transferable semester units
To be admitted as a returning student, a student must have:
- Completed all admission requirements must be completed by the end of Spring 2013
- Completed 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
- Completed the following with a C- or higher:
- A1. Oral communication,
- A2. written communication,
- A3. critical thinking, and
- B4. math (above intermediate algebra)
- Completed 30 units in CSU General Education requirements or IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)
- Have at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average and good standing at last college or university attended
- GPA of 2.0 and good standing at Sacramento State
If you have been academically disqualified from Sacramento State, please visit www.csus.edu/acad for petition information.
If you have been academically dismissed from Sacramento State, you are not eligible for admission for Fall 2013.
|October 1 - November 30||Dates to submit application for admission|
|December 20||Deadline to submit application fee|
|February 1||Deadline to submit official transcripts showing Spring 2013 courses in progress|
|March 1||Check My Sac State for admissions decision|
Failure to adhere to any of the above deadlines will result in your application for admission being removed from consideration.
Tips from Sacramento State Admissions Counselors
- Meet with your Academic Department to review degree progress.
- Request services from Degree Evaluations if you applied for graduation but Did Not Graduate. Click here for more information: http://www.csus.edu/registrar/.
- Request transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since leaving Sacramento State.
- If you listed one of the following community colleges on your CSU application for admission, you do not need to send transcripts to us, since they are received electronically: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. If you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript.
- Visit www.assist.org for more information about lower division GE and major preparation courses.
- Have an unofficial copy of your transcripts handy when you complete your application for admission. Your admissions decision will be based on self-reported information entered on the application - Accuracy is critical!
- Applying for Financial Aid? Be sure to report the correct social security number on your Admission application so that the Financial Aid Office can download your FAFSA with no delays!