I Want to Apply
Returning students are those who were previously enrolled at Sacramento State, who have not enrolled in classes for more than one semester, and who would like to return. We encourage you to review and download a copy of the "On Ramp to Return to Sac State" brochure created by University Retention Services with information, resources and advice to help ease your return to Sac State.
We are now CLOSED for application for Fall 2015. The Fall 2015 application period was October 1 to November 30, 2014.
- Returning students are required to apply during the application filing period, October 1 - November 30 at CSUMentor.edu. www.csumentor.edu
Upper Division - Minimum of 60 transferable semester units
To be admitted as a returning student, a student must have:
- Completed all admission requirements must be completed by the end of Spring 2015
- Completed 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
- Completed the following with a C- or higher:
- A1. Oral communication,
- A2. written communication,
- A3. critical thinking, and
- B4. math (above intermediate algebra)
- Completed 30 units in CSU General Education requirements or IGETC (Intersegmental General Education Transfer Curriculum)
- Have at least a 2.0 Grade Point Average and good standing at last college or university attended
- GPA of 2.0 and good standing at Sacramento State
If you have been academically disqualified or dismissed from Sacramento State, please visit instructions and petition information.
|October 1 - November 30||Dates to submit application for admission|
|December 18, 2014||Deadline to submit application fee|
|January 29, 2015||Deadline to submit official transcripts (including Spring 2015 courses in progress, AP, CLEP, IB test scores)|
|March 1, 2015||Check My Sac State for admissions decision|
Failure to adhere to any of the above deadlines will result in your application for admission being removed from consideration.
If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instructions and important deadlines:
- Biological Sciences: http://www.csus.edu/bios/undergraduate%20programs.html
- Business: http://www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/cj/programs/impaction.html
- Graphic Design: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Photography: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/program-impaction.html
Learn more about Impaction by visiting our Impaction page here.
Pre-Major vs. Expressed Interest - what does this mean for you?
- Pre-Major – A designation for undergraduate students pursuing a non-impacted major. These students may declare or be assigned major status upon admission to the university or by the department/program of their intended major after completing specified pre-requisites as defined by their academic department/program.
- Expressed Interest – A designation for undergraduate students interested in pursuing an impacted major but who may not declare or be assigned by the department/program of their intended major upon admission to the university. These students must successfully complete any specified pre-requisites and a supplemental admissions process in order to be formally admitted to the major/program.
Visit the Office of Academic Affairs Policy Definition page here.
Tips from Sacramento State Admissions Counselors
- Meet with your Academic Department to review degree progress.
- Request services from Degree Evaluations if you applied for graduation but Did Not Graduate. Click here for more information: http://www.csus.edu/registrar/.
- Request transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since leaving Sacramento State.
- Transcripts will be retrieved electronically by Sac State Admissions from the following community colleges (you do not need to send transcripts to us): American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. Except if you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript.
- Visit www.assist.org for more information about lower division GE and major preparation courses.
- Have an unofficial copy of your transcripts handy when you complete your application for admission. Your admissions decision will be based on self-reported information entered on the application - Accuracy is critical!
- Applying for Financial Aid? Be sure to report the correct social security number on your Admission application so that the Financial Aid Office can download your FAFSA with no delays!