I Want to Apply
The application period for Fall 2013 CLOSED on November 30, 2012.
Before you learn specifics about how to apply, check out this short video about getting in to Sac State.
- Upper Division applicants are required to apply during the application filing period, October 1 - November 30 at CSUMentor.edu .
- Sacramento State is closed to Lower Division (fewer than 60 transferrable semester units).
- Transfer Associate Degree - STAR - SB1440 - more information coming soon!
Important: All admission requirements must be met by the end of Spring 2013. Summer 2013 courses may not be used to complete admissions for Fall 2013.
Upper Division Minimum of 60 transferable semester units
For students to be eligible to enter Sacramento State as upper-division transfers, they must have:
- Completed all admissions requirements by the end of Spring 2013
- Completed 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units
- Completed the following courses with a C- or higher:
- A1. oral communication,
- A2. written communication,
- A3. critical thinking, and
- B4. math (above intermediate algebra)
- Completed 30 units in CSU General Education requirements or IGETC
- Be in good standing at the last college or university attended
- *Local Area for Admission applicants: Minimum GPA of 2.0
- Outside Local area for Admission applicants: The academic characteristics of the transfer applicant pool will determine the GPA cut off
* Local Admission Area: A student transferring units from one or more of the following community colleges is considered in our local admission area: American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, Sacramento City, Sierra, San Joaquin Delta, Solano, or Woodland.
NOTE: If you have previously attended Sacramento State, go to the Returning Student (Readmission) page here.
|October 1 - November 30||Dates to submit application for admission|
|December 20||Deadline to submit application fee|
|February 1||Deadline to submit official transcripts showing Spring 2013 courses in progress|
|March 1||Check My Sac State for admissions decision|
Failure to adhere to any of the above deadlines will result in your application for admission being removed from consideration.
Tips from Sacramento State Admissions Counselors
- Meet with your Community College Counselor to develop an Education Plan to transfer
- Complete A1 Oral communication, A2 written communication, A3 critical thinking and B4 math (above intermediate algebra) early
- Visit www.assist.org for more information about lower division major preparation courses
- Complete the Transfer Planner at www.csumentor.edu
- Meet with a Sac State representative at your college fair or transfer center
- Visit Sacramento State and take a campus tour.
- If you listed one of the following community colleges on your CSU application for admission, you do not need to send transcripts to us, since they are received electronically: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes river College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. If you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript to us.
- Have an unofficial copy of your transcripts handy when you complete your application for admission: Your admissions decision will be based on self reported information entered on the application—Accuracy is critical!
- Applying for Financial Aid? Be sure to report the correct social security number on your Admission application so that the Financial Aid Office can download your FAFSA with no delays!