I Want to Apply
We are closed for applications for Spring 2015. The application period was August 1 - 31, 2014.
We encourage you to Become a Hornet VIP and receive updates and information regarding Sac State and the admissions process.
Returning students are those who were previously enrolled at Sacramento State, who have not enrolled in classes for more than one semester, and who would like to return. We encourage you to review and download a copy of the "On Ramp to Return to Sac State" brochure created by University Retention Services with information, resources and advice to help ease your return to Sac State.
Returning students are required to apply during the application filing period, August 1 - 31 for Spring semester - at CSUMentor.edu. www.csumentor.edu
Upper Division Minimum of 60 Transferable Semester Units
For a student to be eligible to enter Sacramento State as an Upper-Division Transfer for Spring 2015, they must:
1. Be in Good Standing at the last college or university attended.
2. Have a minimum GPA of 2.0 if the applicant is within our local service area*. If the applicant is outside of our local service area* the academic characteristics of the transfer applicant pool will determine the GPA minimum.
3. Complete by the end of Summer 2014, with a grade of C- or higher,
- A1. Oral Communication
- A2. Written Communication
- A3. Critical Thinking
- B4. Math (above intermediate algebra)
- Complete at least 30 units in CSU General Education requirement or IGETC, including the above courses.
- Complete at least 60 transferable semester or 90 quarter units, including the above.
* Local Admission Area: A student transferring units from one or more of the following community colleges is considered in our local admission area: American River, Cosumnes River, Folsom Lake, Lake Tahoe, Sacramento City, Sierra, San Joaquin Delta, Solano, Woodland, and Yuba.
A Returning Student to Sacramento State must also be in good standing and have a minimum 2.0 GPA at Sacramento State.
If you have been academically disqualified or dismissed from Sacramento State, please visit www.csus.edu/acad/advising-services/Reinstatements.html for instructions and petition information.
If you intend to major in one of our Designated Impacted Programs, please check with that program for supplemental criteria, application instruction and important deadlines:
- Business: http://www.csus.edu/cba/ubac/Impaction.html
- Criminal Justice: http://www.csus.edu/HHS/cj/programs/impaction.html
- Graphic Design and Photography: http://www.al.csus.edu/design/
- Health Science: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/khs/hlsc/impaction.html
- Nursing: http://www.csus.edu/hhs/nrs/index.html
- Psychology: http://www.csus.edu/psyc/program-impaction.html
Pre-Major vs. Expressed Interest - what does this mean for you?
- Pre-Major – A designation for undergraduate students pursuing a non-impacted major. These students may declare or be assigned major status upon admission to the university or by the department/program of their intended major after completing specified pre-requisites as defined by their academic department/program.
- Expressed Interest – A designation for undergraduate students interested in pursuing an impacted major but who may not declare or be assigned by the department/program of their intended major upon admission to the university. These students must successfully complete any specified pre-requisites and a supplemental admissions process in order to be formally admitted to the major/program.
|August 1 - 31, 2014||Dates to submit application for admission|
|September 15, 2014||Deadline to submit application fee|
|September 15, 2014||Deadline to submit official transcripts showing Fall 2014 courses in progress and AP, CLEP, IB test scores|
|October 1, 2014||Check My Sac State for admissions decision|
Failure to adhere to any of the above deadlines will result in your application for admission being removed from consideration.
Tips from Sacramento State Admissions Counselors
- Meet with your Academic Department to review degree progress.
- Request services from Degree Evaluations if you applied for graduation but Did Not Graduate. Click here for more information: http://www.csus.edu/registrar/.
- Request transcripts from all colleges and universities attended since leaving Sacramento State.
- If you listed one of the following community colleges on your CSU application for admission, you do not need to send transcripts to us, since they are received electronically: American River College, Canada City College, Cosumnes River College, Cypress College, El Camino College, Folsom Lake College, Fullerton College, Sacramento City College, San Joaquin Delta College, San Mateo City College, Skyline City College. If you have a hold on your record at one of these colleges, you will need to clear the hold and then provide the transcript.
- Visit www.assist.org for more information about lower division GE and major preparation courses.
- Have an unofficial copy of your transcripts handy when you complete your application for admission. Your admissions decision will be based on self-reported information entered on the application - Accuracy is critical!
- Applying for Financial Aid? Be sure to report the correct social security number on your Admission application so that the Financial Aid Office can download your FAFSA with no delays!