Application Day Info
1. Air Force ROTC Detachment 088 would like to invite you to attend one of our Spring semester Newcomer Orientation sessions. Orientation sessions will be held on (each session limited to 40 applicants):
Tuesday, 6 January from 9:00 am to approximately 1:00 pm
Thursday, 15 January from 9:00 am to approximately 1:00 pm
The orientation will be held in Yosemite Hall, Room 127 on the CSU Sacramento campus. Parents are invited/encouraged to attend.
2. The orientation program will consist of informational briefings related to the AFROTC program. Potential cadets will also complete all required paperwork to join AFROTC.
***Critical***To complete all required paperwork and join ROTC, you will need to bring the following documents:
a. Transcripts of ALL college coursework from ALL schools attended (if applicable) and SAT/ACT Scores
b. List of ALL involvements with civil, military, or school authorities or law enforcement (regardless of its insignificance, disposition, or finding) to include type of incident, date, name of arresting authority (department not individual) and disposition (example: Speeding ticket, Oct 2007, Roseville PD, paid fine)
c. ORIGINAL and COPY of birth certificate or naturalization certificate
d. ORIGINAL and COPY of SSN card
e. Selective Service Number, found at www.sss.gov (males only)
f. Addresses of insurance beneficiaries/emergency data contacts (no P.O boxes)
g. Prior military service members -- DD 214 showing honorable discharge (if applicable)
h. JROTC certificate or high school transcript showing ROTC participation of 3 years or more (if applicable)
i. Completed AFROTC Form 28 (Attached). Note: Sports physical MUST be documented on the AFROTC Form 28. Any other type of medical form will not be accepted.
j. Air Force Fitness Screening Questionnaire (Attached)
3. If you plan to attend the orientation, please log on to http://www.csus.edu/afrotc/ and register. There is a "Det 088 Application Day" link on the left hand side.
4. In preparation for the upcoming semester, all new cadets should plan to attend the one unit AERO 1B, Foundations of the Air Force class. AERO 1B is offered at three different times for your convenience. Wednesday from 10:00-10:50 or Fridays from 10:00-10:50 or 11:00-11:50. Also mandatory is the Wing Mandatory Physical Training from 6:30-7:30am on Wednesdays and Leadership Laboratory from 1:00-3:00 pm on Fridays.
Sac State students: when registering for AERO 1B, the leadership lab is included.
For non-Sac State students: you will NOT sign up for the AFROTC classes until CSU Sacramento actually starts. On the first day of class, your AFROTC instructor will give you an Open Enrollment form to fill out and you will pay a fee of $65.00 to be enrolled in AERO1B/Leadership Laboratory at Sac State.
5. Cadets must have a current sports physical and complete a Fitness Screening Questionnaire to participate in Physical Training (PT) sessions during the semester. Both forms are included as attachments on this email. Please begin setting up an appointment with your doctor to have a sports physical complete as soon as possible.
6. One-Day Parking passes ($6.00 for a day pass--cash and credit card accepted) will need to be purchased in any of the yellow kiosks in the parking lots or at the visitors information booths at the entrances to the university. For more information on parking and detailed campus maps, please visit http://www.csus.edu/campusmap/
If you are no longer interested in AFROTC, let us know and you will be removed from our email list.
If you have any questions, please contact Ms. Cathy Davis at 916-278-7315 for assistance.