The College of Arts and Letters is committed to helping students maximize their time at Sacramento State. Several designated programs in the College are now available as a “Four-Year Promise” to help students on a fast-track to graduation. Students that opt into the program follow roadmaps for their respective programs, guaranteeing that they fulfill the required courses in four years.
Accelerate your degree
- Pre-enrolment in all courses each semester
- Avoid the cost of unnecessary courses or additional semesters of study
- Communication Studies – General (Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.)
- Communication Studies – Public Relations (Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.)
- History (Semesters 1-4: Mondays to Fridays 10 a.m.-4:15 p.m., semesters 5-8 require evening capstone seminars)
- Interior Design (Semesters 1-4: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-5:30 p.m., semesters 5-8: Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-7:15 p.m.)
- Music (Bachelor of Arts) (Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m. and ocassional evenings and weekends for performances)
- Philosophy – General (Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.)
- Philosophy – Ethics, Politics and Law (Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.)
- Philosophy – Logic and Philosophy of Science (Mondays to Fridays, 9 a.m.-4:15 p.m.)
- Commit to one of the program options above
- Commit to being available during the designated times and days
- Meet with your department advisor at least once each semester
- Avoid repeating courses by earning good grades
 If you meet your commitments, we will commit to providing you with a program each semester which completes all degree requirements within four years. Some variation (e.g. required math or composition remediation) may necessitate summer semester or winter-intersession to meet the four-year timeline.
 Your schedule will be designed for you each semester in consultation with your program advisor. Days/times of your schedule will vary by semester, but you must agree to be available within these times on these days.