We are now accepting applications for the
2015-16 academic year.
The deadline is Monday, March 2, 2015. Please thoroughly read all of the instructions below to ensure that the appropriate information is submitted. The 2015-16 scholarship application should be completed and submitted with your materials. Please make sure your form is legible and your contact information is current.
About the Alumni Association Scholarships
The Alumni Association scholarship program helps students pursue their goals of higher education at Sacramento State. Initially funded by donations from life members of the Alumni Association, these scholarships are now broadly supported by those that value the education they received while attending Sacramento State. These awards range in size from $500 to $2,000 for the academic year.
How to apply
To apply, please download, print and complete the following form:
Then refer to the Instructions for each Alumni Association scholarship you are interested in as they all have a unique set of instructions and criteria. Eligible applicants may apply for more than one scholarship by checking the appropriate box(es) on the general application form:
- Freshman Undergraduate Scholarship Instructions (PDF)—3.7 GPA or better
- High school seniors only—must enroll full-time at 12+units/semester
- Continuing Undergraduate Scholarship Instructions (PDF)—3.4 GPA or better
- Transfer or current Sacramento State students—must carry 12+units/semester
- Graduate Scholarship Instructions (PDF)—3.7 GPA or better
- Incoming or current Sacramento State graduate students—must carry 8+ units/semester
- Visual and Performing Arts Scholarship Instructions (PDF)
- Sacramento State students must be majoring in one of the visual and/or performing arts. See instruction sheet for full details. May also be considered in other categories
- Margot Shinnamon Bach Scholarship Instructions (PDF)
- Sacramento State students must be majoring in English or a communication studies concentration. See instruction sheet for full details. May also be considered in other categories
- ECS Continuing Undergraduate Scholarship Instructions (PDF)—3.0 GPA or better
- Current Sacramento State students in the College of Engineering and Computer Science. May also be considered in other categories
- Henry Steven Giron Memorial Scholarship Instructions (PDF)—3.4 GPA or better
- Current Sacramento State students, 60 units complete by 6/13/14
Sacramento State Alumni Association
ATTN: Scholarship Committee
6000 J Street
Sacramento, CA 95819-6024
2015-16 Application Timeline
- December 2014-February 2015: Application posted and submissions accepted
- March 2, 2015: Application deadline
- March-April 2015: Alumni Association Scholarship Committee reviews applications
- May 2015: Scholarship recipients are notified
- September 2015: Reception hosted for scholarship recipients at the Sacramento State Alumni Center
For questions, please contact Jennifer Barber at (916) 278-4723 or email@example.com.