Featured Alumni Friday
Featured Alumni Fridays is a great new series on Facebook that gives HPPA the opportunity to highlight the accomplishments of our many alumni while facilitating networking among the social media community!
If you would like to participate, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes a picture of yourself and a short bio with information like your hometown, degrees, grade year, and current employment. Please also let us know what you love about Sacramento State!
Current Feature: Marina Castillo-Augusto
Marina is the Chief of the Community Development and Engagement Unit within the Office of Health Equity (OHE) for the California Department of Public Health (CDPH). Ms. Augusto has over 18 years working at the state level with diverse stakeholders on program design and implementation. Prior to joining the CDPH team, she served as Acting Chief of the Office of Multicultural Services at the California Department of Mental Health, leading policy and systems change for vulnerable populations. Previously, she worked as a Human Trafficking Program Manager for the California Attorney General’s Crime and Violence Prevention Center and also served for ten years as Senior Criminal Justice Specialist with the Governor’s Office of Emergency Services overseeing Violence Against Women Act funded grants.
Marina received her BS in Criminal Justice ('94) and MS in School Counseling ('04) from California State University, Sacramento. She has received numerous awards including the Governor's Office of Emergency Services Award and the Office of the Attorney General Award for Teamwork, Leadership and a Commitment to Excellence.
"Sacramento State is a welcoming and supportive environment with a collaborative spirit of vision and leadership. I love that the University has linkages and opportunities from the academic setting to real life application as well as diversity of the student population and staff."
Mariana is from Dixon, CA.
If you would like to be our next Featured Alumni, please comment below or e-mail us at email@example.com
Previous Featured Alumni Friday
- Sergio Aguilar, MPPA ‘13
- George Bravo, MPPA ‘13
- Caylyn Brown, MPPA '08
- Katie Cardenas, MPPA ‘13
- Brandon Chaplin, MPPA ‘13
- Monica Cortez-Hernandez ’13 (Government/Journalism)
- Tami Cowgill, MPPA '17 (expected)
- Samantha Farmer '10 (History & Government)
- Darrell Fong '88 (Business Administration)
- Matt Gray '01 (Communication Studies)
- Fielding Greaves, MPPA '11
- Eric Guerra ’03 (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), MPPA ‘08
- Erik Johnson, MPPA ‘11
- Sheila Johnston, MPPA '09
- Devin Lavelle, MPPA ‘11
- Tamar Lazarus, MPPA '08
- Justin Lehr '05 (Government)
- Angela Marin, MPPA ‘13
- Kevin McCarty, MPPA ‘11
- Michael Minnick '05 (Child Development), MPPA '07
- Krystal Moreno '11 (Communication Studies)
- Haley Myers, MPPA '11
- Janus Norman '02 (Communication Studies)
- Berman Obaldia '89 (Government/Political Science)
- Phil Pluckebaum '01 (Philosophy)
- Martin Radosevich, MPPA '10
- Silvia Rodriguez, MPPA '05
- Ryan Roebuck '10 (History & Government), MPPA '12
- Josh Rosa, MPPA ‘08
- Dan Scott, MPPA '05
- Tim Shestek '94 (Communication Studies)
- Arianna Smith, MPPA '13
- Hanna Stelmakhovych '13 (Government)
- Andrew Sturmfels, MPPA ‘12
- Shery Vang '12 (Government)