Featured Alumni Friday
Featured Alumni Fridays is a great new series on Facebook that gives HPPA the opportunity to highlight the accomplishments of our many alumni while facilitating networking among the social media community!
If you would like to participate, please send an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org that includes a picture of yourself and a short bio with information like your hometown, degrees, grade year, and current employment. Please also let us know what you love about Sacramento State!
Current Feature: David Murillo
David is Vice President of Association Management Services of FSB Core Strategies. He oversees the association management arm of FSB, a top rated Sacramento PR and Public Affairs firm. He provides executive management as well as specific services such as membership, marketing and program management to the firm’s association clients.
David has over 10 years of trade association/membership/risk management experience, including, marketing, program development, and communication with membership and public agencies and experience with a diverse group of trade associations varying in size, mission and industry sectors. He currently serves as Executive Director of CALPASC, and has been the Membership Executive at ACEC California and the California Restaurant Association.
He is currently a member and past chair of the CalSAE regional council and is past president of the Greater Sacramento Valley Sigma Chi Alumni Association.
David received his BS in Business Administration with dual concentrations in Risk Management and Human Resources from Sacramento State in 1999. He also served in the US Naval Reserve from 1993-2001.
“Sac State symbolizes home to me. My mom was an alumni and I remember visiting the campus while she was finishing up here degree in the early 80’s and watching her cross the stage in the stadium on a hot May day and being immensely proud. It’s where I met some of the closest friends I have today who eventually became nothing less than family and where I came of age. I got a great education that has served as a foundation for a productive career. I enjoyed the opportunities I had to step back on campus as a fraternal mentor recently and am excited to watch the University grow.”
David is a native of Sacramento.
If you would like to be our next Featured Alumni, please comment below or e-mail us at email@example.com
Previous Featured Alumni Friday
- Sergio Aguilar, MPPA ‘13
- George Bravo, MPPA ‘13
- Caylyn Brown, MPPA '08
- Katie Cardenas, MPPA ‘13
- Brandon Chaplin, MPPA ‘13
- Monica Cortez-Hernandez ’13 (Government/Journalism)
- Tami Cowgill, MPPA '17 (expected)
- Samantha Farmer '10 (History & Government)
- Darrell Fong '88 (Business Administration)
- Matt Gray '01 (Communication Studies)
- Fielding Greaves, MPPA '11
- Eric Guerra ’03 (Electrical and Electronic Engineering), MPPA ‘08
- Erik Johnson, MPPA ‘11
- Sheila Johnston, MPPA '09
- Devin Lavelle, MPPA ‘11
- Tamar Lazarus, MPPA '08
- Justin Lehr '05 (Government)
- Angela Marin, MPPA ‘13
- Kevin McCarty, MPPA ‘11
- Michael Minnick '05 (Child Development), MPPA '07
- Krystal Moreno '11 (Communication Studies)
- Haley Myers, MPPA '11
- Janus Norman '02 (Communication Studies)
- Berman Obaldia '89 (Government/Political Science)
- Danielle Parsons '13 (Business Administration)
- Sarah Pollo '06, MA '15 (Government)
- Phil Pluckebaum '01 (Philosophy)
- Martin Radosevich, MPPA '10
- Silvia Rodriguez, MPPA '05
- Ryan Roebuck '10 (History & Government), MPPA '12
- Josh Rosa, MPPA ‘08
- Dan Scott, MPPA '05
- Tim Shestek '94 (Communication Studies)
- Arianna Smith, MPPA '13
- Hanna Stelmakhovych '13 (Government)
- Andrew Sturmfels, MPPA ‘12
- Shery Vang '12 (Government)