LINKS AND OTHER RESOURCES
Organizations and Consortiums Related to Technology and eLearning
- Distance Education Clearinghouse
This comprehensive and widely recognized Web site brings together distance education information from both national and international sources, with resources being continually added. The Clearinghouse is managed and maintained by the University of Wisconsin-Extension, in cooperation with its partners and other University of Wisconsin institutions.
- Library of Congress
The definitive governmental historical site with many multimedia resources covering a wide variety of topics.
The Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching (MERLOT) is a free resource designed primarily for faculty and students of higher education. You can browse the collection or search for materials that meet your specific subject.
- Learning through technology web site was constructed by the College Level One Team at the University of Wisconsin-Madison, as a resource for Science, Mathematics, Engineering and Technology (SMET) instructors. The site features information designed to provide knowledge on technologies in use, and how this technology can impact and enhance student learning.
Sac State Technology Related Resources for Faculty and Staff
- Audio and Video on the Web
- Browser Plug-ins
- Center for Teaching and Learning
- Educational and Instructional Tools
- Faculty/Staff Resource Center
- Graphics Library
- Identity Style Guide
- Information Technology Consultants
- Quick Reference site (QuikRefs)
- Training resources at Sacramento State
- Web site or SacCT banners
Web Design and Usability
- http://www.useit.com/ A good site for up to date information on web design and usability.
- http://www.usability.gov/ The National Cancer Institute sponsors this site to provide resources for designing usable, useful and accessible web sites and user interfaces.
“Don't Make Me Think” by Steve Krug, Circle.com Library, 2000.
“The Art and Science of Web Design” by Jeffrey Veen, New Riders, 2001
“The Non-Designers Web Book” by Robin Williams and John Tollett, Peachpit Press, 1998.
“Designing Web Usability” by Jakob Nielsen, New Riders, 2000.
“Homepage Usability: 50 Websites Deconstructed” by Jakob Nielsen and Marie Tahir, New Riders Publishing, 2001.
Thinking about jumping into the world of digital cameras? Check out these sites for reviews and comparisons of the latest digital cameras on the market!
Examples of Good Uses of Technology in Teaching/Learning
Book: Teaching Online: A Practical Guide by Susan Ko and Steve Rossen, Houghton Mifflin College Teaching Series, 2004.
- Flash Animation: an example of how Flash can be used to bring concepts to life! http://www.moma.org/exhibitions/2001/whatisaprint/flash.html
Copyright and Fair Use
- http://fairuse.stanford.edu/ This site is good clearing house of past and current information concerning fair use and copyright in academia.
- http://www.whatiscopyright.org/ This non-profit site utilizes a question and answer format to provide basic definitions regarding copyrights. It is updated regularly to reflect new developments in the areas of copyright and fair use.
How Technology Works
Book: How Video Works by Marcus Weise and Diana Weynard, Focal Press, 2004.