HELP FOR WINDOWS USERS
"Unable to launch the application" or "Application Blocked by Security Settings"
Collaborate users that have installed Java 7 Update 51 or higher may see the "Unable to launch the application" or "Application Blocked by Security Settings" error display when attempting to join a session and/or watch a recording.
In order to be able to open the Collaborate session, you need to add a URL to the Java Control Panel. Please follow the steps below:
Step 1: Add Collaborate URL to Java Security Exception Site List
- Open the Java Control Panel – Find the Java Control Panel on Windows
- Click the Security tab
- Locate the Exception Site List section, click the Edit Site List button to the right
- From the Exception Site List window, click the Add button on lower right
- Click in the empty field under Location and then enter https://collaborate.csus.edu
- Click OK to save the URL
Step 2: Launch Meeting and Accept Security Prompts
Upon clicking on a Collaborate session link, you will see a series of warnings and security prompts display. Please follow the instructions below to ensure you select the correct options at each prompt.
- From your SacCT course or Collaborate Public Schedule, Launch a Collaborate Session
- Depending on your browser you will be prompted to Open and/or Save the meeting.jnlp file
- At the Security prompt stating "Do you want to run this application?" click the checkbox for I accept the risk and want to run this application then click Run
- At the Security Warning to "Block potentially unsafe components from being run" click Don't Block
- Click Don't Send if a "Blackboard Collaborate has encountered an exception" prompt displays
- If a Session Participation Agreement prompt displays, click Accept
- Select your connection speed and click Ok to proceed to open your Collaborate session or recording
Last updated: August 4, 2014
Academic Technology & Creative Services (ATCS)
| California State University, Sacramento
AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 |