- Learning Management
- Content Development
- Digital Media
- Interactive Learning
- contact us
RESPONDUS LOCKDOWN BROWSER:
TAKING AN ASSESSMENT
Note for Students: The Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB) software in SacCT was changed to begin automatic updates starting on May 30, 2014. If you are prompted to update your version of LockDown Browser you MUST update it or you cannot use the software to take a test.
For assistance in updating the LockDown Browser software, please see Respondus LockDown Browser: Run Updates and Take an Exam (PDF).
TAKING AN ASSESSMENT
- Close all programs, unless one is used to connect to the Internet.
- Locate the "LockDown Browser" shortcut on the desktop (or from the Start menu) and double-click it for Windows users, or for Macintosh users, launch "LockDown Browser" from the Applications folder.
- If prompted to close a blocked program (e.g. instant messaging), choose Yes. If you do not close the blocked program, Respondus LockDown Browser (LDB) will close. If you are prompted to close another application, but that application is not running, try restarting your computer and then run the LockDown Browser.
- After the program starts, select the version of SacCT your instructor is using.
- Login to SacCT.
- Go to your course and navigate to the assessment or test.
- Read the instructions and click Begin. If the Begin button is disabled, it means you are not running LockDown Browser – return to step 1 above.
- If you receive a pop-up to enter a password, then enter the password you received from your instructor (select Yes and click Continue). If no password was given, select No and click Continue.
- The system knows when you are using LDB and will enter the system password for you on the next screen.
- Once an assessment is started, you cannot exit until the Finish button is clicked.
Last updated: July 15, 2014
Why Use Respondus LockDown Browser?
LockDown Browser can:
- Increase security of online quizzes and exams
- Ensure students are focused on your assessments, and not distracted by other applications
How Does It Work?
Respondus LockDown Browser provides a custom interface for the Internet Explorer (Windows) or Safari (Macintosh) software that is already installed on the computer.
- Does not modify an existing copy of Internet Explorer or Safari
- Uses same security features currently installed for Internet Explorer or Safari
- Will not modify current version of Internet Explorer or Safari
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.