- Learning Management
- Content Development
- Digital Media
- Interactive Learning
- contact us
Audio and Video
Free and Fair Use Resources
- Digital Juice BackTraxx Music Library
- (Available to sample in the Technology Learning Center)
Over 1,000 Tracks in 28 Volume CD Library. Easy to use CD-ROM Track Index. 100% Royalty-Free - License Agreement.
- Audio clips in categories such as sound effects, movies and television, comedy, classic, pop, and jazz.
- Moving Image Gateway
- A British Universities Film & Video Council service which collects together websites that relate to moving images and sound and their use in higher education.
Fee or Subscription-based Resources
- Educational Video
- Extensive video library covering a wide range of subjects such as language, literature, science, multiculturalism, math, education and business, social studies/history, and religion.
- Downloadable sound effects, samples, loops, and vocals. Royalty free music. Read the copyright notice for specific allowed usages.
Textual & Other
- Art History: Selected References (Sac State Library Guide)
- Contains some art history web sites.
- Encyclopedia of Life Sciences
- The Encyclopedia of Life Sciences (ELS) is the largest and most comprehensive reference work ever published in the biological sciences.
- Grove Dictionary of Art (Sac State library subscription)
- The most comprehensive online reference resource for all aspects of the visual arts worldwide from prehistory to the present day. Contains links to images on the Web.
- Library of Congress
- Prints and photographs are available through this publicly-supported institution. However, all of the materials are not in the public domain and may require permissions. Users must look into the kinds of rights which might apply to the usage of these materials: copyright, donor restrictions, licensing, privacy rights, publicity rights, and trademarks.
- MERLOT (Multimedia Educational Resource for Learning and Online Teaching)
- An international cooperative for online resources for teaching and learning designed primarily for faculty and students of higher education. Membership is free. The site links to online learning materials including assignments. Categories include arts, humanities, social sciences, business, mathematics, education, and science and technology.
Free and Fair Use Images
- A collection of over 60,000 digital images and text designed to support the California State University IMAGE project.
- Sac State Graphics Library
- Direction arrows, banners, backgrounds, bullets, dividers, campus photos, and photos of Sacramento.
- Sac State Photography
- Campus photographs and original, digital photography on request. Contact Michaeline Veden at email@example.com or 278-5758.
- Digital Juice (Available in the Technology Learning Center - ARC 3012)
- Royalty-free images, backgrounds, and animations.
- Free Images
- Images are free for use in a project, publication or Web site, but may not be redistributed, archived, sold, or sub-licensed. A link to this site must be included. Subject matters include technology, transportation, light, nature, seasonal, space, planets, workplace, home, sports, and medical.
- Google.com Image Search
- Google's Image Search contains more than 425 million images indexed and available for viewing. The images identified by the Google Image Search service may be protected by copyrights.
- Library of Congress Digital Collections & Programs
- Of the millions of books, photographs, prints, drawings, manuscripts, rare books, maps, sound recordings, and motion pictures held by the Library, only a small fraction are in digital form. American Memory, the flagship of the Library's digital services, offers multimedia collections of digitized documents, photographs, recorded sound, motion pictures, and text from the American historical collections of the Library and other institutions. Currently, American Memory has more than 7.5 million digital items from more than 100 historical collections. The Library's Prints and Photographs Online Catalog (PPOC) contains catalog records and digital images representing a rich cross section of still pictures held by the Prints & Photographs Division and other units of the Library.
- Metropolitan Museum of Art
- The Metropolitan Museum's collection contains more than two million works of art from all parts of the world, ancient through modern times. About 3,500 objects—fifty highlights from each of the Museum's curatorial departments as well as the entire department of European Paintings—can be searched by artist, period, style, or keyword. Access to and use of The Metropolitan Museum of Art's image and text files and data on this site are subject to terms and conditions as specified.
- Microsoft Clip Art Online
- Clip art collections with a search feature. Subjects include multiculturalism, animals, transportation, technology, business metaphors, office objects, space technology, and more.
- NASA (National Aeronautics and Space Administration)
- U.S. Government agency whose mission is to "further mankind's knowledge of our universe." Available through the Web site are images, video, and television coverage of NASA activities and missions.
- PhotoGraphic Libraries
- The stock images, film and photo archives listed provide a creative source for television producers, advertising agencies, libraries, education centers, picture researchers and Photojournalist researching visual communications. The photographic library and archival resource contains national and private photographic collections. The Photographic Library Directory is a unique resource that provides a broad range of visual solutions to enhance the creative process.
- Web Gallery of Art
- The Web Gallery of Art contains over 11,600 digital reproductions of European paintings and sculptures created between the years 1150 and 1800.
Fee or Subscription-based Images
- Posters from previous eras of transportation, theatre, sports, advertising, travel, magazines, and more. Prices vary.
- Advertised as the “largest subscription-based graphics resource on the web.” Membership by the week, month, or year provides unlimited access to 6,000,000 clipart images, photos, and sounds.
- Resources for photographic images.
- Getty Images
- Source for illustration, still images, and film. Getty used to maintain the eyewire.com Web site; now all imagery is on the Getty Images site.
- iStock Photo
- A collection of member-generated royalty-free images. Low cost per image or video.
- 325,000 royalty-free photos. Subscriptions from one month to a year.
Last updated: July 15, 2014
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.