Video Streaming - Creating Links in SacCT
Please refer to the Copyright Website for information about how to use copyrighted works.
Linking to Video & Audio from a Content Area
You are able to link to videos on the Media Server from within a Content area in SacCT using the Build Content menu.
- Log into your SacCT course. If you have already created a Content Area for your video links, navigate to the Content Area and skip to step 8.
- In the top left-hand corner of the course menu, Click the "+" icon.
- A menu will come up. Here you can create a new Content Area by clicking the Content Area option.
- After clicking Content Area on the menu, choose a title for your Content Area (i.e. Video Lectures, Videos, etc.). Make sure to check the box next to Available to Users if you want your students to be able to see the content area.
NOTE: The way that you distribute your links is up to you. You can choose to have one folder for all of your videos, or have them dispursed in other Content Areas.
- After clicking Submit, your content area will now show on the Course Menu, located on the left-hand side of the page.
NOTE: You can move the location of this new Content Area on the Course Menu by hovering over the name of the area and clicking the double arrow on the left-hand side. When clicked, you can drag it up or down to make it more accesible.
- Click the name of your new Content Area to enter it.
- Hover over Build Content in this content area.
- Click the Web Link option.
- Enter a Name and optional Description for your Web Link.
- In the URL (Web address) field, type in your video/audio file URL (Web address). Refer to the table below for the corresponding URL.
||Media Server URL
|Real Media (.rm)
|Quick Time (.mov)
Note: In the links above make sure to replace the "saclink" and the "filename" sections with those of your own.
- If wanting to it share with students be sure to select the "Yes" button next to "Permit Users to View this Content."
- OPTIONAL: Choose Date and Times to display after and/or until.
- Click Submit once finished.
August 7, 2014
Academic Technology & Creative Services (ATCS)
| California State University, Sacramento
AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 |