- Learning Management
- Content Development
- Digital Media
- Interactive Learning
- contact us
- Frequently Asked Questions
- Get Video Players
- Problem Form
- Faculty Support
- Student Support
- Using RealPlayer
VIDEO STREAMING - FAQs
- What software do I need to view the video stream?
- What are the minimum requirements for running the latest RealPlayer?
- I received a navigation error.
- The video freezes or stops working.
- Problem playing video clips.
- Invalid socket error.
- What if I am still having problems viewing a video streaming class?
What software do I need to view the video stream?
- Typically, you need RealPlayer® software to view RM and RMVB files. The player can be downloaded free from RealNetworks. Players for Windows, Mac, and UNIX are available for free download. Be sure to follow the link labeled FREE Download.
For QuickTime videos (MOV), you need the QuickTime Player.
Additional video players can be found at the Get Video Players link.
What are the minimum requirements for running the latest RealPlayer?
- Refer to the RealPlayer requirements page.
If you are planning to buy a new computer check the Recommended Desktop and Laptop page.
I received a navigation error.
- Users of Internet Explorer 8 may receive a navigation error message when trying to view SacCT course content and videos. See this link for the solution.
The video freezes or stops working.
- Users accessing video streaming on Windows 7 with RealPlayer 14 may encounter a known issue where the video stream freezes, stalls and/or rebuffs (reloads) continually. To avoid this issue, change your RealPlayer settings to turn off LivePause and Cache on-demand.
- Open the RealPlayer options menu (top left).
- Click Preferences.
- Select "General > Playback Settings".
- Uncheck the option "Enable pausing & seeking within live Internet clips…" and "Cache on-demand".
- Click Ok.
Problem playing video clips.
- See this page if you have RealPlayer video clip problems for detail solutions.
Invalid socket error.
- See this page if you have a RealPlayer invalid socket error for a detail solution.
What if I am still having problems viewing a video streaming class?
- Try this link to a sample video archive file (RM) to be sure your RealPlayer software can stream one of our videos.
- For RealPlayer, try the solutions at this support webpage: https://real.custhelp.com/
- For QuickTime, try the solutions at this support webpage: http://www.apple.com/support/quicktime/
- If you still have problems, please contact the Service Desk at (916) 278-7337 or complete and submit the Problem Form.
Last updated: February 5, 2014
ATCS, California State University, Sacramento | AIRC 3005 | 6000 J Street | Sacramento, CA 95819-6143 | (916) 278-3370
If you have difficulty accessing content on this page, please visit the Contact Us page.