to continue through the summer
While the Sacramento State Bulletin is going on break for the summer, Monday Briefing will continue but in an e-mail-only format. It will return to its regular place as part of the Bulletin at the start of the fall semester.
Items for the Monday Briefing can be submitted to email@example.com by members of the University’s Administrative Council—which includes deans, vice presidents and associate vice presidents—who will be responsible for ensuring the items are appropriate and come from a legitimate campus source.
Announcements for Monday Briefing should be sent as text files, be no longer than 100 words, and may include website links to more information. They should usually include a contact e-mail, phone number or both. Items are subject to light editing. They should be submitted to a member of Administrative Council no later than noon on the Tuesday before publication to provide time for review before the items are sent to Public Affairs by noon on Thursday.
Granite Construction, Inc., a contractor working for the University, will begin excavation and patch repair to the asphalt walkway between Alpine and Brighton Halls on Monday, May 22 and complete work on Friday, May 26 (tentative). Access to these areas will be off-limits for the duration of the project. People on campus are advised to watch for equipment moving in and out of this work region.
For questions regarding the project’s scope and/or schedule, contact Robin Lovering at 278-6994 or Todd McComb 278-5183.
Whistleblower Protection Act
California Government Code Section 8548 requires the CSU system to inform its employees of the California Whistleblower Protection Act (WPA Government Code Section 8547 et seq.) Pursuant to this section of the Government Code, the University is required to distribute electronically the state auditor's written explanation of the California Whistleblower Protection Act. This was done on May 15.
David Wagner, vice president for Human Resources, has been designated as the person on this campus to receive protected disclosures and answer questions about these policies. He can be reached at 278-6078, via e-mail at firstname.lastname@example.org, or through campus mail at zip code 6032. The statutorily-required notice from the state auditor can be found at: www.bsa.ca.gov/bsa/hotline/respons.html.
In addition, this notice will be posted on the following campus bulletin boards designated for “Employee Organizations Only”:
• Alpine Hall, next to Room 121
• Amador Hall, across from elevators on 2nd and 4th floors
• Brighton Hall, next to Room 121
• Calaveras Hall, across from Room 115
• Capistrano Hall, across from Room 111 and across from elevator on 3rd floor
• Douglas Hall, next to Rooms 106 and 106A
• El Dorado Hall, Room 1025
• Eureka Hall, Room 205 next to mailroom
• Facilities Management, south wall of Room 101D (break room)
• Foley Hall, across from Room 105
• Kadema Hall, between Rooms 145 and 145A
• Humboldt Hall, next to Room 116
• Lassen Hall, main lobby near Room 1003 and Room 3011 (staff break room)
• Library, Room 5009 (staff lounge)
• Mariposa Hall, across from elevators on 1st and 3rd floors
• Mendocino Hall, 1st floor across from elevator on south wall, and 3rd floor across from Room 3006
• Napa Hall, Continuing Education
• Placer Hall, 1st floor down main hallway to left
• Public Service Building, near Room 3
• Reprographics, break room
• Mailroom, south wall
• Riverside Hall, across from elevators on 1st and 3rd floors
• Santa Clara Hall, breezeway between 1100 and 1200 wings
• Sacramento Hall, next to Room 169
• Sequoia Hall, across from elevators on 2nd and 5th floors
• Shasta Hall, across from Room 117
• Sierra Hall, left wall behind counter
• Solano Hall, across from Room E2000 and across from Room E4000
• Student Health Center, Room 227 (2nd floor break room)
• Tahoe Hall, near Room 1027
• University Union, by timeclock in receiving dock area and by catering office
• Yosemite Hall, between Rooms 155 and 157