Residence Hall Association
VOTE for your RHA Executive Board Members
Specific Voting Days and Times:
- Thursday, May 2nd - 11am – 1pm & 4pm – 7pm
- Friday, May 3rd - 11am – 1pm & 4pm – 6pm
Please see a current Executive Board member or your Residence Life Coordinator for details.
The Residence Hall Association (RHA) at Sacramento State strives to be an organization advocating for the interests and welfare of residence hall students, while also providing opportunities for their personal growth and development. RHA is an organization of students committed to developing leadership, honoring diversity, recognizing achievement, as well as stimulating engagement and involvement among students who reside in the residence halls.
RHA is the student government for students that live on campus at Sacramento State. Representing over 1600 students, RHA is one of the largest student organizations at Sac State. RHA strives to meet the needs of the residents living on campus. RHA makes policy recommendations and provides a variety of programming throughout the year, to make living on campus better for all students. RHA focuses on providing opportunities for residents to interact and meet new people. RHA welcomes and encourages anyone living on campus to attend RHA events and RHA General Body Meetings (see front desk for meeting days and times).
RHA has so many opportunities for you to get involved.
Become a Hall Representative!
Hall Representatives are voices for the residents of each hall when decisions need to be made regarding Residence Life. Hall Representatives have a vote and serve on the general body of RHA.
Hall Representatives are a great way to develop leadership skills and become involved on campus.
Hall Representatives can improve the quality of life in the residence halls. Hall Representatives are a great resume builder. Hall Representatives provide important information to the residents of your hall. Hall Representatives give residents a sense of pride in the residence hall and the Sacramento State Community. Being involved aids in making your college experience better.
Serve on a Committee!
Committee chairs and members are part of the RHA General Body. They will assist with large scale programs like Homecoming Events, The Haunted House, Open Mic Night, Midnight Breakfast, just to name a few. There are also on-going committees that assist RHA with Awards & Recognition, Community Service, Fundraising, Sustainability, and many more.
|Vice President||Taylor MacManus|
|Communications Director||Elva Sullivan|
|Programming Director||Jacob Clarke|
|Marketing and Outreach Director||Emezie Anyanwu|
|Financial Affairs Director||Joshua Krebs|
|American River Courtyard Hall Representative||Riley MacTaggart|
|Desmond Hall Representative||Daniel Perez and Jessica Olson|
|Draper Hall Representative||Eliot Watson and Natasha Quevedo|
|Jenkins Hall Representative||Helen Macri|
|Sierra Hall Representative||Michelle Bohlin|
|Sutter Hall Representative||Kadina Koonce|
|UEL Representatives||Ronnie Escorpiso Jr. and Lilah Corral-Nevarez|
RHA Office Location
The RHA Office is located in Desmond Hall in the Rec Room.
RHA Office Hours
RHA is open to programming ideas and strives to bring new and exciting ways for residents to engage with one another. Please email any program ideas to RHA for consideration. Activities that RHA has sponsored:
- Blood Drive- giving back to the community one pint at a time
- Midnight Breakfast- a pick-me-up for students studying for finals
- Movie Night- students vote on movies and enjoy new releases
- Open Mic Night- students showcase their talents for prizes and bragging rights
- Ready, Set, Glow- a glow dance party
- The Haunted House – a three day haunted house that is bound to thrill
- Resident’s Appreciation Day- simples ways to say thank you to residents for their support
- The Big Event- a day of carnival and inflatable games on the quad.
RHA is funded by Housing and Residential Life, Associated Student Inc., and through fundraising. All funds acquired by RHA go to support operational cost, programming on campus, and participation in regional (PACURH) and national (PACURH) conferences. RHA participates in the following fundraising opportunities:
- Finals Care Packages- a self-supported initiative that allows family and friends send well wishes to residents during finals week in the spring and fall.
- Linens Program- RHA has found a convenient, affordable way to ensure you have sheets that will fit the extra-long mattresses in our residence halls. The Residence Hall Linens program has all your campus living needs, from extra long twin sheets and comforters to matching towels and storage items. Free shipping is available on all Value Pak orders, and there are over 40 color combinations to choose from. Proceeds from this program go to the Residence Hall Association and are used for programming in the residence halls at CSUS. Please visit the RHL websitehttp://www.rhl.org/csa