Rock Your Room Contest
Rock Your Room Contest
Enter the “Best Room Photo Contest” and you could win some great prizes!
- Best Decorated Room
Friday, October 6, 2014 – Entry submission begins
- October 24, 2014 at 11:59 p.m. - Deadline to submit an entry
- October 25, 2014 - All photos will be posted to the FB photo album - Facebook Rock Your Room Contest
- October 25-31, 2014 - Voting begins
- November 3-7, 2014 - reviews of votes and winner decided
- Winners will be announced via Facebook and University saclink email
Contest Entry and Voting Process
1) How To Enter
Submit your entries to Joe Loera - firstname.lastname@example.org with the following:
- Subject: Sac State Rock Your Room Contest
- Names of all residents assigned to the room entry
- The name of your residence hall and room number
- Category you are submitting your room for
- No more than 5 photos of your room
- A photo of you and your roommate(s)
- Cell Phone #
- Sac Link email(s):
- Short room description (140 characters or less), What makes your room great? Why do you love it?
2) Submissions are due no later than Friday, October 24, 2014 by 11:59 p.m.
- Only digital images of contest participant rooms will be accepted. NO MORE THAN (5) DIGITAL PHOTOS should be submitted. Entries will not be accepted without the above information submitted simultaneously with the photos. Residents are encouraged to read the fine print before entering!
- Don’t have a good camera, contact us to setup a photoshoot of you and your roommates and your room. Call (916) 278-7413 to schedule a time.
3) People can vote for their favorite room by “liking” their photo during the open voting schedule October 25-31, 2014. The number of ”likes” on the Sac State Housing Rock Your Room Contest Facebook Page will determine the winners. Facebook Rock Your Room Contest
Additional Rules and Details:
How To Enter and Win
Housing and Residential Life will post all eligible entries to the Sac State Rock Your Room Contest Facebook Album contest page on October 25, 2014, where fans will vote for their preferences by “Liking” the photo Facebook Rock Your Room Contest. Voting will be open from October 25-31, 2014, at 5:00 p.m., at which point a final count of each photo’s votes (“likes”) will be taken. This count will be used for determing the Top 4 Rooms. NOTE: Photos may continue to receive “likes” after 9:00 a.m.; however, additional “likes”/votes will not be considered when determining the Top 4 Rooms.
Rules and Regulations:
The Sac State Housing Rock Your Room contest is open to all current residents in the on-campus residence halls. Single rooms, double rooms, triples, traditional, apartment-style suites ... any room type is welcome to enter the contest.
Submissions must abide by and meet all Sac State Housing and Residential Life and University policies to be considered eligible to win.
Entry into the contest constitutes the residents' consent to use his/her room, name, likeness and generated content by Sac State Housing for any promotional or advertising purposes, electronic or print.
Each person who submits photos will be a contestant in the Sac State Housing Rock Your Room contest. If more than one person in a room wants to compete, each person will need to submit separate, individual photos.
Resolution: Must be one of the following
- 2048 x 1536 – 3 megapixel
- 2240 x 1680 – 4 megapixel
Best Decorated Room).
- Grand Prize: To Be Announced
- 1st Place, 2nd Place, and 3rd place winners: Choice of various prizes
Entries will not be accepted without the above information submitted simultaneously with the photos.
- If you are in a double or triple room, ALL roommates must agree to enter the contest.
- Late entries will be disqualified.
- This contest is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
- Any entries deemed inappropriate or that depict policy violations will be disqualified.
Best Decorated Room Contest Rules
The category of each room/suite should be graded based on the decorative quality of the room, the welcoming atmosphere of the room, and also the cleanliness and organization of the room. The Best Decorated Room must exhibit excellent décor and also utilize creative space-saving techniques.
Room cannot display any campus prohibited items. This includes, but is not limited to, alcohol and drug paraphernalia, signs or symbols with negative connotations, and fire hazard objects such as candles or open burners. Room must comply with all standards of the university and must be clean. Room must also contain all original furniture. If room is found not complying with these rules, the room will automatically be dismissed from the contest, and if applicable, the owner of the room may face conduct charges.