The mission of Sacramento State's Office of Housing and Residential Life is to provide a welcoming and stimulating environment that prompts students to participate in co-curricular activities that promote life and leadership skills, social responsibility, and academic success.
- Provide affordable, comfortable, clean, and well-maintained facilities where students not only "live", but also "learn" as they pursue their curricular and co-curricular goals
- Create structured opportunities for students to develop life and leadership skills, while helping them clarify and enact values related to civility, global citizenship, and social responsibility
- Build an environment that helps students understand themselves and others while celebrating the value of human difference
- Serve as effective, efficient, and transparent stewards of the fiscal resources generated via the Housing revenue fund
- Provide technological services and products that foster student learning and staff productivity
- Teamwork: Committed to working collaboratively to provide a positive, caring environment; where we take pride in the quality of our work.
- Innovation: Committed to continuous improvement in the quality of the residential experience shaping our future with an increasingly global perspective.
- Professionalism: Being accountable for ethical conduct that reflects positively on the University and the department.
- Quality Customer Service: Committed to excellence in serving our customers, and in the quality of our programs, our students, and our partnership with the people of the region.
- Integrity: Conducting the Housing and Residential Life operation in an honest, ethical and trustworthily manner. Leading with courage, accountability; positive role modeling.
- Respect: Providing our highest regard for the worth and rights of others, including respect for their ideas, values and contributions.