Housing and Residential Life
Life Mission and Goals
Offering various and diverse living and learning experiences, the Housing and Residential Life Office is an integral part of the educational mission of Sacramento State. As such, the office strives to create a welcoming and stimulating environment that prompts students to participate in co-curricular activities which promote life and leadership skills, social responsibility, and academic success.
- Provide affordable, comfortable, clean, and well-maintained facilities supporting students toward their curricular and co-curricular goals
- Create opportunities for students to develop life and leadership skills, while fostering the values of civility, global citizenship and social responsibility
- Utilize efficient, cost-effective administrative and fiscal management
- Build an environment that promotes understanding, and nurtures and celebrates the value of human difference
- Offer technology services and products that support student learning and staff work environments
HOUSING AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE STAFF
Housing and Residential Life is committed to carrying out the mission and goals of the department. The Housing and Residential Life program is divided into the following areas:
Residential Life, Facilities Operations, Conference Services, and Administrative Operations. Dining Commons staff is employed by a campus partner, University Enterprises, Inc.
The administrative offices for Housing and Residential Life are located in Sierra Hall, (916) 278-6655.
Dining Commons staff offices are located in the Dining Commons, (916) 278-6971.
DIRECTOR OF HOUSING AND RESIDENTIAL LIFE
The Director of Housing and Residential Life is the chief administrator responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and leadership of on-campus housing programs. Residents may schedule an appointment to meet with the Director in the Housing and Residential Life Office, Sierra Hall.
SENIOR ASSOCIATE DIRECTOR
The Senior Associate Director of Housing and Residential Life oversees the day-to-day operation of Housing and Residential Life, and is responsible for all aspects of student conduct within the residence halls. Residents may schedule an appointment to meet with the Senior Associate in the Housing and Residential Life Office, Sierra Hall.
The Associate Director is responsible for the day-to-day operation of the residence halls including the selection, supervision and development of all live-in staff (Residence Life
Coordinators, Hall Managers, and Resident Advisors). Residents may schedule an appointment to meet with the Associate Director in the Housing and Residential Life Office, Sierra Hall.