Wireless Deactivation Guide
Routers with wireless connectivity are required to have the wireless portion turned off while the devices are being used on campus. Failure to have the wireless device turned off is a violation of the ResLink and SacLink terms of service.
To deactivate the wireless portion (every router brand/model is different and the names may be different than the examples):
- Plug your personal computer into the router using a cat5/cat6 cable. Make sure to plug into a network/LAN jack.
- Open an internet browser and type into the URL bar the default ip address of the router. This is usually 192.168.0.1. Check your documentation to be sure.
- Enter the administrator username and password for your router if asked. Check your documentation if you do not know your username and password.
- Once in the administrator web page there will be a section labeled "Wireless". It may be a sub-section under headings labeled "LAN" or "Network".
- Find the link that takes you to managing channels/SSID.
- Find the section for wireless mode, this is a usually a drop down box.
- Select "Off".
- If you have any issues or questions set an appointment with the ResLink helpdesk, firstname.lastname@example.org or 278-2555 and we will help you configure your router.