New Student Orientation at Sacramento State assists new students with their transition to campus by providing programs and services that outline the University's academic requirements as well as social and developmental opportunities. In addition, we provide parents with an understanding of University expectations and policies required of their student. Orientation is the initial step in understanding each student's unique path to obtaining a bachelor's degree and becoming a Sac State alum.
- Facilitate initial academic advising, course selection and registration while providing comprehensive information about academic requirements and expectations.
- Prepare parents and guests of students for the personal and academic development changes that will take place during their transition to college.
- Provide opportunities for students to connect within the campus community.
- Create an atmosphere that values the unique individuality of our students.
- Introduce students to the campus environment, facilities, and resources that will support their educational goals and enhance overall student experience.
- Provide structured opportunities for new students and their families to meet and develop relationships with faculty, staff, continuing students and other new students.
- Provide on-going program evaluation in order to adapt the program to meet the needs of entering new students.
Mary Shepherd - Assistant Director of Academic Advising/Coordinator of New Student Orientation
Shawn Ryan - Coordinator of First Year Orientation
Cindy Brandon - Office Manager
Morgan Dodds - Student Orientation Coordinator
Andrew Shaw - Student Orientation Coordinator
Maricela Aguayo Luviano & Martie Acob - Reservations Coordinator
Monica Dattage -Special Projects Coordinator
Darya Jones - Reservations Specialist
Isela Baeza-Reynoso - Reservations Specialist
Monday - Friday - 10:00 A.M. - 3:00 P.M.
Lassen Hall 1010
March 31, 2015 - Cesar Chavez
May 25, 2015 - Memorial Day
July 4, 2015 - Independence Day