New Student Orientation at Sacramento State assists new students with their transition to campus by providing programs and services that outline the University's academic requirements as well as social and developmental opportunities. In addition, we provide parents with an understanding of University expectations and policies required of their student. Orientation is the initial step in understanding each student's unique path to obtaining a bachelor's degree and becoming a Sac State alum.
- Facilitate initial academic advising, course selection and registration while providing comprehensive information about academic requirements and expectations.
- Excite new students about being a member of the Sac State community.
- Prepare parents of first-year students for the personal and academic development changes that will take place during their student's first year in college.
- Create an atmosphere that values the unique individuality of our students.
- Familiarize students with the campus environment and facilities.
- Provide structured opportunities for new students and their families to meet and develop relationships with faculty, staff, continuing students and other new students.
- Introduce students to University services that will support their educational goals: the Library, Career Center, Study Abroad, and Saclink.
- Provide on-going program evaluation in order to adapt the program to meet the needs of entering new students.
Mary Shepherd - Assistant Director of Academic Advising/Coordinator of New Student Orientation
Shawn Ryan - Coordinator of First Year Orientation
Cindy Brandon - Office Manager
Landon Benado - Student Orientation Coordinator
Steffanie Eisenga - Student Orientation Coordinator
Maricela Aguayo Luviano - Reservations Coordinator
Hewayda Ahmed - Special Projects
Antonio Castro - Reservations Specialist
Click here to watch the video.
Monday - Friday - 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M.
Lassen Hall 1010
December 24, 2013 thru January 1, 2014
January 20, 2014