Information for Parents of New Students
At orientation, first-year and transfer students learn about the campus, register for classes, and start the Sacramento State journey.
Orientation is mandatory for all new students, and is fun and informative.
At orientation, students:
- Learn about extracurricular activities on campus
- Explore housing and transportation options
- Meet other new students
- Register for classes
Parents and family members will:
- Learn what to expect as their sons and daughters transition to college
- Meet key faculty, staff and management personnel at the University
- Hear tips about how to navigate the University bureaucracy
Orientation occurs twice each year: in June and July for students beginning enrollment in the fall semester, and in November and December for students entering in the spring semester. Students and their families must register for orientation in advance. Sign up here.