Inventory of Completed
Faculty Research Fellows Projects
Any of the following reports can be purchased from the Center for California Studies at California State University, Sacramento for a small fee. Please contact the Center at (916) 278-6906 or for further information.
Reports are Listed, Latest First
Click on Title to See Full Report in PDF*
*Requires Adobe Acrobat Reader® to read the PDF files. Click HERE to download a free copy of Adobe Acrobat Reader®
67. Paid Sick Leave: Access, Costs, and Implementation Feasibility at the Local, State, and National Level, July 2007
Dr. Michael Potepan, Ph.D., Department of Economics, San Francisco State University
66. School Funding Formulas: What Works and What Doesn't? Lessons for California, October 2007,
Jennifer Imazeki, Ph.D., Department of Economics, San Diego State University
65a. Dynamic Economic Analysis of Incentives and Disincentives for Corporate Manufacturers Investment and Growth in California, September 2007,
Antonio Avalos, Ph.D., California State University, Fresno
65b. What Really Determines Whether a Manufacturing Firms Locates and Remains in California?, November 2007,
Katherine Chalmers, Ph.D., & Robert W. Wassmer,Ph.D., California State University, Sacramento
64. Improving Facility Planning for California Higher Education, August 2006,
Nancy Shulock, Ph.D., California State University, Sacramento.
• Database Primer
63. Photo-Catalytic Construction Materials and Reduction In Air Pollutants , March 2006,
Mirat D. Gurol, San Diego State University
63. Financing California's Infrastructure, History and Impact of California Bond Measures, December 2005, Michael Semler, Ph.D., California State University, Sacramento.
62. Faculty Research Fellows Project Support Project, January 2006,
Nancy Shulock, Ph.D., California State University, Sacramento.
61. Poverty Measures and Their Impact on Federal Formula Grant Funding in California, February 2005, Michael J. Potepan, Ph.D., San Francisco State University
60. When COGs Collide: Developing a Model for Regional Cooperation in the South San Joaquin Valley Region, August 2004, Victor Kamhi, Michelle Saint-Germain, California State University, Long Beach.
59. Funding Adult Education: Does California Put the Money Where the Needs Are?, January 2004, Colleen Moore, Nancy Shulock, David Lang, California State University, Sacramento.
58. Anti-Gang Measures of Local Law Enforcement Agencies within California, January 2004, Dr. Harold K. Becker and Shauna Clark, California State University, Long Beach.
57. The California Labor History Project: Historical Compilation, Dan Cornford, CSU San Jose, 2003 (Note: the project was part of the larger California Labor History Project sponsored by the California State Library. See http://calpedia.sfsu.edu/calabor/ for more information.)
56. The California Labor History Project: Cartography & Web Site Design-Part 1 , David Fuller, CSU Northridge, 2003 (Note: the project was part of the larger California Labor History Project sponsored by the California State Library. See http://calpedia.sfsu.edu/calabor/ for more information.)
55. The California Labor History Project: Cartography & Web Site Design-Part 2 , David Fuller, CSU Northridge, 2003 (Note: the project was part of the larger California Labor History Project sponsored by the California State Library. See http://calpedia.sfsu.edu/calabor/ for more information.)
54. Distribution of State Transportation Funding, November 2003, Adrian R. Fleissig, Ph.D., William Gayk, Ph.D., California State University, Fullerton.
53. The Impact of Redevelopment on Small Business, January 2003, Adrian R. Fleissig, Ph.D., William Gayk, Ph.D., California State University, Fullerton.
52. An Accountability Framework for California Higher Education: Informing Public Policy and Improving Outcomes, November 2002, Nancy Shulock and Colleen Moore, CSU Sacramento.
51. The Impact of Redevelopment on Low-Income People, October 2002, Adrian R. Fleissig, Ph.D., William Gayk, Ph.D., California State University, Fullerton.
50. Demand for Social Workers in California, April 2002, Eileen Mayers Pasztor, DSW., Michelle Saint-Germain, Ph.D., and Teresa DeCrescenzo, MSW., California State University, Long Beach.
49. Factors Impacting Availability of Emergency Department On-Call Coverage in California, December 2001, Grace J. Yoo, Ph.D., MPH, Carol Dawson-Rose, RN, Ph.D., and Y. Jason Chang, M.S., San Francisco State University.
48. An Analysis of Regional Revenue Restructuring Proposals, November 2001, Robert Wassmer, CSU Sacramento, Matt Newman and Eric Hays, California Institute for County Governent.
47. The Region is the Frontier: Frameworks, Goals, and Mechanisms for Collaborative Regional Decision Making in Twenty-first Century California, October 2001, Richard T. LeGates, MCP, JD, San Francisco State University.
46. The Region is the Frontier-Background, October 2001, Richard LeGates, San Francisco State University
45. An Inventory Study of the State of California's Land Holding, June 2001, George Jouganatos and Reginald Goodfellow, CSU Sacramento.
44. The Connection between Local Government Finance and the Generation of Urban Sprawl in California, May 2001, Rob Wassmer, CSU, Sacramento
43. The Determination of Thresholds of Environmental Significance in the Application of the California Environmental Quality Act (CEQA), March 2001,Owen Seiver and Thomas Hatfield, CSU, Northridge
42. Further Concerns Regarding the Low-Income Housing Crisis in California, April 2001, Radha Bhattacharya, CSU, Fullerton
41. Contingent Workers and Alternative Employment Arrangements: Evidence from the State of California, March 2001, Alejandra Cox Edwards and Lisa M. Grobar, CSU, Long Beach
40. The Prospects for County Charter Reform in California, March 2001, Raphael Sonenshein, CSU, Fullerton
39. Foster Parents and the Home Environment: One Way to Assess the Quality of Foster Care Placements, February 2001, Maureen C. Smith, CSU, San Jose
38. Drawing Lessons from Regional Successes: "New Regionalism" and the Prospect for Regional Cooperation in California, January 2001, Robert J. Waste, CSU, Sacramento
37. Evaluation of California's State-Level Data Systems for Incarcerated Youth, January 2001, John L. Worrall and Pamela Schram, CSU, San Bernardino
36. Plight of an Aging Workforce, March 2000, Kenneth Shultz, Barbara Sirotnik, and Shel Bockman, CSU, San Bernardino
35. Incentives to Encourage More Worker Friendly Corporations in CA, March 2000, Eric Nilsson, CSU, San Bernadino
34. The Los Angeles Jewish Community - An Examination of its History of Activism for Human Rights, March 2000, Raphael Sonenshein, CSU, Fullerton Brief Version Web Site
33. A Study of California State University Internship Programs for the Preparation of K-12 Teachers, March 2000, Elaine Chin and Roberta Herter, California Polytechnic State University, San Luis Obispo.
32. Women, Domestic Violence, and Post-Traumatic Stress Syndrome, January 2000, Margaret Hughes and Loring Jones, CSU, San Diego
31. The Teacher Shortage: Causes and Recommendations for Change, January 2000, J.M. Pogodzinski, CSU, San Jose
30. An Assessment of Publicly Funded Alcohol and Other Drug Programs in California 1992 - 1998, November 1999, Melinda M. Hohman and John D. Clapp, CSU, San Diego
29. Guide to the California State Executive Branch, Robert Waste and Anne Cowden, CSU, Sacramento, 1999
28. Lessons in Gubernatorial Transition, Robert Waste and Anne Cowden, CSU, Sacramento, 1999
Lessons in Gubernatorial Transition (Executive Summery), Robert Waste and Anne Cowden, CSU, Sacramento, 1999
27. Guidelines for Legislative Language for State Programs Evaluation, David Dowell, CSU, Long Beach, 1999
26. Diversity in Higher Education, Katherine C. Naff, CSU, San Francisco, 1998
25. Policy Options in Transitions Health Insurance Coverage, Jerome Seliger and Carl A. Maida, CSU, Northridge, 1998
24. Economic Burden of Uncompensated Hospital Care in California, Robert L. Seidman, CSU, San Diego, 1998
23. Market Analysis for the Virtual University: Distance Learning Opportunities in Hawaii, Japan, and the Republic of Korea, Stephen F. Barnes, CSU, San Diego, 1998
22. Juvenile Repeat Felons: Examination of Existing Sentencing Practices in California, Davis Shichor and Dale K. Sechrest, CSU, San Bernardino, 1997
21. Compilation of GIS Data Sets for Flood Control Alternatives in California, Hong-lie Qiu, Marcos Luna, and Todd Zagurski, CSU, Los Angeles, 1997
20. Time is of the Essence: A Recommendation for Caution in Raising the California Kindergarten Entry Age Based on a Review of the Research Regarding School Entry and Subsequent Academic Performance, Tony Apolloni, CSU, Sonoma, 1997
19. A Review of the Census Undercount Issue, Duane L. Steffey, CSU, San Diego, 1997
18. California Virtual University Literature Review of Secondary Literature on Distance Learning Markets,J.M. Pogodzinski, CSU, San Jose, 1997
17. Analysis of Hospital Length of Stay by Mastectomy Patients in California, (Executive Summary) Robert L. Seidman, CSU, San Diego, 1997
16. Comprehensive Testing of Limited English-Proficient Children and Implications for CA Public Policy, Ann L. Hafner, CSU, San Diego, 1997
15. Open Enrollment in California's K-12 Public Schools, Kenneth Nyberg, CSU, Bakersfield, 1997
14. Literature Review on Urban and Community Development, Richard LeGates and Michael Potepan, CSU, San Francisco, 1996
13. Review and Analysis of Privatization Efforts, (Executive Summary) Ann Cowden, Jaime Alvayay, Jerry Estenson, and Cristy Jensen, CSU, Sacramento, 1996
12. Lessons for State and Local Public Finance in the Literature on Privatization, J.M. Pogodzinski, CSU, San Jose, 1996
11. County Variation in Utilization and Expenditures on Indigent Patients in California, Robert L. Seidman and Sorel L. Norlin, CSU, San Diego, 1996
10. An Analysis of the Potential Impact of Raising the California Minimum Wage, Eric Solberg and Andrew Gil, CSU, Fullerton, 1996
9. California Welfare Reform Conference, (no report; FRFP funds used to support the conference)
8. Findings of the California Senate Baseline Survey, Jerald Schutte, CSU, Northridge, 1995
7. Preparing California Educators to Implement The School-to-Work Opportunities Act, Tony Apolloni, CSU, Sonoma, 1995
6. Teen Pregnancy Prevention Through Education, Kenneth Nyberg and Vandana Kohli, CSU, Bakersfield, 1995
5. School-To-Work Transition, Kathryn Reilly, CSU, San Bernardino, 1995
4. Legislative History of the Environmental Goals and Policy Report, Nico Calavita, CSU, San Diego, 1995
3. California Demographics Projections, Crane Miller, CSU, Pomona, 1995
2. Federal and State Parallelism in Environmental Regulation, Thomas Hatfield, CSU, Northridge, 1995
1. Inventory of Major California Environmental Legislation and Accomplishments Since 1970, Owen Siever, CSU, Northridge, 1995
For more information, contact William D.Leach, Project Director, at