The Panetta Institute Congressional Internship
Each year, the Panetta Institute invites CSU presidents to nominate an outstanding undergraduate (junior or senior) student leader from each campus to participate in the fall semester Congressional Internship in Washington D.C.
The fall semester program runs from August 2017 through November 2017. The program is fully funded to allow participation by any qualified student. Student benefits for the semester include: a two-week orientation at the Panetta Institute in Monterey Bay; an 11- week congressional internship in Washington D.C.; academic program and unit accrual; the cost of academic fees and tuition; food and housing; a living stipend; academic materials; and air and ground transportation.
- Matriculated student in upper-division undergraduate status (juniors or seniors during the time of the internship – and have not applied for graduation and do not have more than 120 credit semester units)
- U.S. citizen
- State of California resident
- Students must have health insurance that is compliant with the Affordable Care Act
To apply, students must submit a packet with the following application materials, addressed to President Nelsen, Panetta Congressional Internship, c/o the Center for California Studies, Sacramento State, and 6000 J Street, Sacramento, CA 95819-6081:
- Two-page essay of interest. The essay should include the student’s a) academic background and preparation; b) interest, background and aspirations in public service and politics; and c) ways in which he or she will represent the Sacramento campus.
- A current resume.
- Transcripts (unofficial transcripts are acceptable).
- A copy of a recently graded paper (at least three pages long) with the professor's comments and grade accompanying or written on the paper.
- Two references, including one Sacramento State professor familiar with the applicant’s academic work.
Application Deadline: February 13, 2017
For more information about The Panetta Institute click here
If you have questions regarding the Panetta Congressional Internship Program, please call (916) 278-6906 or e-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org.