The Center aims to promote policy research, training, and education that will improve governance in California.
The Center’s specific Research and Government Affairs goals include:
- Provide the Legislature, the Governor and Executive Branch, and the Courts with useful, relevant and academically rigorous policy research;
- Enhance the effectiveness of elected and other public officials through training and orientation programs;
- Leverage Center capacity to inform policy debates by creating and supporting affiliated policy oriented centers and institutes; and
- Expand and maintain connections with all campuses within the CSU and with individual CSU faculty engaged in policy research.
The Center’s activities in this area include:
- Faculty Research Fellows Project
- Institute for Higher Education Leadership & Policy
- Legislative Staff Management Institute
Additionally, the Center is frequently requested to provide support for one-time events. For example, the Center was involved with the sesquicentennial celebration of the state Legislature and helped to locate experts for an event sponsored by the state Attorney General.
Faculty Research Fellows Program
SSIS Research Consortium