The Youth Energy Summit is a community partnership between the LegiSchool Project, Lodi Electric, Roseville Electric, Sacramento Municipal Utility District (SMUD) and the Turlock Irrigation District. Now in our 6th year, YES is designed for high school juniors and seniors from the Sacramento, Roseville, Turlock and Lodi areas and focuses on California's energy future.
This year's theme is The Art of Being Green. Interested students must submit an application and attend a two day interactive training event in January focused on developments in green energy, technology and sustainability. After the January event students break into teams of 3-5 students and create a project that fulfills a need in their community relative to green energy, technology, or sustainability. Students will present their projects to a panel of judges in April 2014 at the State Capitol for a chance to win scholarships ranging from $250 -$1000.
APPLY NOW for this exciting opportunity!
- November 15, 2013: Application postmark deadline.
- January 24 -25, 2014: Youth Energy Summit event at SMUD (Sacramento).
- February 15, 2014: Project Plan Forms DUE! Email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- April 25, 2014: Youth Energy Summit presentations at the State Capitol.
- Students must participate as part of a student team and all team members must attend the same high school. A team is defined as 3 - 5 students.
- Each participating high school is limited to two team entries (no more than 10 students total).
- Students must attend both days of the January Summit event to be eligible for a scholarship award.
- Each student team must have a mentor. A mentor can be a teacher, parent, or community leader.
For more information please contact: