• Be a migrant or seasonal farmworker or a dependent of a migrant or seasonal farmworker.
  • To have worked in seasonal farmwork for at least 75 days in the last 2 year.
  • Be a legal resident of the U.S or U.S. citizen.


To be eligible to participate in CAMP, you must be a migrant or seasonal farm worker or a dependent of a migrant or seasonal farm worker.

Migrant Farm worker - a seasonal farm worker whose employment requires travel which kept the farm worker from returning to a permanent home within the same day.

Seasonal Farm worker - a person who was employed for at least 75 days in farm work or a temporary or seasonal (not year-round) basis.


Students are expected to complete the comprehensive college preparatory courses and other requirements needed for admission to California State Universities. Please check with your high school or counselor for the specific requirements.

Special admission: If you did not complete all the college preparatory courses and other requirements, you may still qualify for admission.

If you would like to find out more about CAMP, or receive an application packet, please see your high school or migrant advisor. You may also call us at (916) 278-7241 or write to:

College Assistance Migrant Program
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street
Sacramento CA 95819-6108

Please include your name, complete address and phone number in the e-mail message and we will send you an application packet as soon as possible.

Young girl working in strawberry fields"When the funds are low, and the debts are high; DON'T QUIT" M.S.

Back To Top