SSIS Career Information
Appointments and drop-in services:
The Career Center offers career counseling services for HHS students in the Career Center, Lassen Hall 1013 on a walk-in basis. Follow-up appointments are also available in the Career Center.
- Finding internships, volunteer experiences or part-time jobs
- Developing resumes and cover letters
- Exploring career options by major and/or concentration
- Choosing/changing a major and/or career path
- Learning job search strategies
- Using Career Connection (online job listings)
Walk-in Hours in the Career Center
Lassen Hall 1013: Monday - Friday, 9:00am - 5:00pm.
Upcoming Events: Fall 2015
- Resume Makeover/Speed Interviews- October 2 in University Union Ballroom from noon - 3pm.
- Career Fair- October 6th in University Union Ballroom from 10am - 2pm.
- Pathways to Public Service: Federal and State Careers - October 29th in the University Union, Redwood Room from 5pm - 8pm
- Etiquette Dinner - November 4th in the University Union Ballroom from 5pm - 8pm. RSVP required.
- Asian Studies
- Environmental Studies
- Ethnic Studies
- Family and Consumer Science
- International Affairs
- Liberal Studies
- Public Policy and Administration
- Social Science
- Women's Studies
Find out about the Pathways Programs for Students and Recents Graduates to Federal Employment by clicking on the link below:
Click on the link below to see a list of Federal Jobs by College Major:
See a list of State Job Classifications You May Qualify for (By Major) with a Bachelor’s Degree Or Related Experience:
To view an alphabetized list of job titles within the County of Sacramento -- with minimum and maximum salaries for each – click on the link below:
To learn about application procedures and view a list of current openings with the County, click on the link below:
Watch this 4-minute video with Susan de la Vergne (see link to her website, below) describing the value of a Liberal Arts education in business. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OlwNwrzfts
Enjoy Susan de la Vergne’s website: www.liberalartsadvantage.com
• Have the following question answered: “What are the liberal arts?”
• See her tip sheets and access her resume advice!