Civic Engagement and Deliberative Democracy
- Civic Engagement in a Network Society edited by Erik Bergrud and Kaifeng Yang, 2008.
- The Deliberative Democracy Handbook: Strategies for Effective Civic Engagement in the 21st Century, edited by John Gastil and Peter Levine, 2005, 308pp.
- The Age of Direct Citizen Participation, edited by Nancy C. Roberts, 2008, 511pp.
- The Public Participation Handbook by James L. Creighton, 2005, 261 pp.
- Citizens at the Center: A New Approach to Civic Engagement by Cynthia Gibson, The Case Foundation, 2006. Available at www.casefoundation.org/spotlight/civic_engagement/gibson
- Democracy and Beyond: Liberals, Critics, Contestations. John Dryzek. 2000.