Lead-Level Mediator/ Facilitator Senior-Level Mediator/ Facilitator
The Center for Collaborative Policy, California State University, Sacramento is now recruiting for both a Senior-Level Mediator/Facilitator and a Lead-Level Mediator/ Facilitator with experience in mediating, facilitating and managing projects involving complex public policy and political issues that engage a diverse range of stakeholders and/or the public. The successful applicants will have demonstrated experience in:
- Developing and executing collaborative processes such as assessments, multi-party consensus-building and dispute resolution, public engagement, visioning, and strategic planning.
- Working with government officials at various levels, with a solid understanding of political dynamics as well as how public policy is developed and implemented.
- Preparing detailed and clear analyses of qualitative information, often leading to written findings /recommendations and oral presentations.
- Working impartially with stakeholders and colleagues with very diverse backgrounds, styles and perspectives.
The main differences between the Senior and Lead positions are:
- Seniors are responsible for routinely bringing client business and billable hours into the Center; Leads are responsible for assisting with business development.
- Seniors are responsible for exercising a high degree of organizational leadership within the Center; Leads assume defined internal organizational responsibilities.
- Seniors are independently responsible for client cases with a very high degree of policy, political and stakeholder complexity. With appropriate oversight, Leads are responsible for client cases with substantial complexity.
- Seniors are formal supervisors of record with the University; Leads provides oversight for project-specific efforts with junior staff.
Salary is competitive and commensurate with experience. Attractive University benefits are provided, including retirement benefits with the California Public Employees' Retirement System. Application review will begin on March 7, 2014 continue until the positions are filled.
The Center may hire up to two Seniors and two Leads.
For further information and to view duties, qualifications and application process, see: http://www.csus.edu/about/employment/. All submissions are done electronically. The website Job Identification numbers are:
Senior Mediator/ Facilitator: #101007
Lead Mediator/ Facilitator: #101006
California State University, Sacramento is an equal opportunity /ADA employer.