- Fresno Utility Advisory Committee
- The Center provided strategic design and facilitation services to the City of Fresno’s public Utilities Advisory Committee from 2006 – 2011. The volunteer citizens, appointed by their City Council members and the Mayor were convened to set and review annual and five-year utility rates, urban growth management, financial and capital plans. The Utility Advisory Committee presented their last 5-year rate plan for the fiscal years 2012-2016 in the Spring of 2011. The members were proud of their proposal which was protective of both the integrity of the utility system and Fresno’s rate payers.
- Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District / West Sacramento Transition Plan
- On November 1, 2007 the Sacramento Regional County Sanitation District (SRCSD) began serving customers in the City of West Sacramento with wastewater conveyance and treatment services. With this arrangement, West Sacramento joins County Sanitation District 1, Sacramento, and Folsom as contributing agencies to SRCSD. The addition of West Sacramento as a contributing agency to SRCSD was the culmination of almost 10 years in planning and construction.
- West Sacramento will continue to collect wastewater from its residents and businesses, while SRCSD will convey the wastewater to its 165 million gallons per day state-of-the art treatment plant near Elk Grove. There it will be treated and discharged into the Sacramento River. In addition to treating wastewater, SRCSD’s treatment plant annually turns 25,000 dry tons of biosolids into a Class A fertilizer, generates enough methane gas to provide electricity to fuel 50,000 homes, and provides up to 4 million gallons a day of recycled water to irrigate street medians, commercial landscaping, and park and school sites.
- The Center for Collaborative Policy provided organization and facilitation services to SRCSD and West Sacramento in preparing the final Transition Plan for the completion of the process. The Transition Plan addressed issues relating to planning, finance, administration, operations, employee transition, public outreach, and wastewater source control.
- For more information please visit: www.srcsd.com