About CCR Scholars
The CCR Scholars Program exists to assist students in making a smooth transition to Sacramento State in order to successfully realize their dreams of earning a college degree. CCR Scholars are integrated with the greater campus community and are provided with ongoing support and a wealth of resources. As a CCR Scholar, a student is provided with the following:
- A single campus location that houses their needs, plans, and achievements.
- Built-in social network and a ‘home base’ until they graduate.
- Customized advising and mentoring designed to develop a student’s college identity.
- Assistance with course selection, monitoring of academic progress, as well as researching the appropriate academic high impact practice experiences to build motivation and resiliency.
- Social support and opportunities to engage in the campus culture.
- Leadership and advocacy opportunities to begin developing a professional “footprint” in the greater Sacramento community.
- Assistance with job searches, applications, resumes, and cover letters.
- Experiences that connect student learning with career competencies.