About CCR Scholars
The CCR Scholars Program exists to assist high school students from partnering schools/districts in making a smooth transition to Sacramento State in order to successfully realize their dreams of earning a college degree in a timely fashion. CCR Scholars are integrated with the greater campus community and are provided a wealth of resources, namely:
- To engage students early in the skills and habits associated with meta-cognitive and reflective activities to deepen learning.
- To provide student with a single campus location that houses their needs, plans, and achievements. Additionally, the CCR will offer partnering schools, districts, and the community avenues for collaboration, resources, and data sharing.
- To provide students with a variety of opportunities for early identity formation, such as the e-Folio platform, which addresses their sense of belonging, connectedness and academic capability.
- Through the CCR, students will be encouraged to participate in First Year Experience opportunities so they have access to mentoring, academic support, and the college-going mindset.
- To provide students with social support, engaging them in campus culture and empowering them to build a diverse community that supports their personal and professional growth and reflects the global society in which we live.
- To provide students with leadership and advocacy opportunities to begin developing a professional "footprint" in the greater Sacramento community.