Sac State students - get involved by participating in an Alternative Break. Team up with other Sacramento State students to work on local projects throughout the week with local Sacramento region community organizations.
Join us for an Alternative Break, March 24 - 28, 2014.
Spring 2014 Service Partners (subject to change):
- Sacramento Tree Foundation Maintaing our community's trees by planting small oak seedings, planting native species, helping to maintain and care for trees and irrigation.
- Harvest Sacramento Gardening and beautify the Oak Park Community Garden in which our previous Alternative Break group helped get started.
- All about Equine Landscaping and building projects supporting this horse rescue and rehabilitation center in El Dorado Hills.
- Meals on Wheels Preparing and packaging meals that are sent out to senior citizens of the sacramento community.
- Habitat for Humanity, Sacramento Helping to stock, price, clean, and accepting donations that go toward building homes for families at Habit for Humanity's ReStore.
If you are interested in participating in Alternative Break complete the following:
- Join the Mailing List: Provide your first and last name and email, select the mailing list button and submit.
- Sign up to Volunteer: complete all fields below, check the box next to the event(s) you'd like to attend and submit. Participation confirmation will be sent by email subject to space availability. Participation is restricted to current Sac State Students or alumni who graduated in the most recent fall term.
- Please note: registration is now closed for Spring Alternative Break. Please visit Sac State Serves for more volunteer opportunities.
For more information, or questions/comments, please contact:
Kehinde (Kay) Oghoghorie
Program Student Assistant
Community Engagement Center
6000 J Street, Library 4028
Sacramento, CA 95819-6118
last updated: 03/11/14