Chemistry Department Scholarships & Awards
Richard W. Fish Scholarship
The purpose of the Richard W. Fish Scholarship offers support for students majoring in chemistry, biochemistry and biological sciences who are interested in pursuing medical, dental, or veterinary careers, or advanced degrees in chemistry. The stipend amount is $500. The Richard W. Fish Scholarship is awarded each spring semester. Students may begin submitting applications March 1st.
- are a Junior or Senior student in the Spring semester,
- have a GPA of 2.5 or above,
- have completed at least one semester at CSUS and are currently enrolled in at least 12 units,
- are majoring in chemistry or biological sciences,
- and are pursuing a pre-medical, pre-dental, pre-veterinary career or advanced degree in chemistry,
...then you are an ideal candidate for this scholarship!!!
The Chemistry Department is offering 2-4 summer research stipends for undergraduates. These summer research stipend amounts are $2000-$4000.
In order to apply, you must be:
- A Chemistry or Biochemistry major
- Enrolled in or have completed at least one of these Chemistry labs: Chem 25, 31, 110L, 125, 141, 162 OR have conducted research with a Chemistry faculty member for at least one semester.
- Sponsored by a Chemistry faculty member (lab instructor or research mentor) with whom you will be doing the research.
To complete an application:
- Fill out the application page (available March 1st)
- Obtain a letter of recommendation from your research mentor for the project
- Complete an essay (500-1000 words) that includes the following:
- Why you are interested in doing research
- A description of the research project you will be working on, including a specific list of the goals of the project (as determined by you and your research mentor)
- Your career goals and how doing the research will benefit these goals