Education Specialist Credential
Early Childhood Intern
The mission of the Special Education Program at Sac State is to prepare highly qualified individuals from diverse backgrounds to provide appropriate educational services to individuals with disabilities, birth to adulthood, and their families.
Units required by program: 32-36
Minimum units required for BA: 120
Learn how to apply.
- demonstrate respect and support for the diversity and dignity of all persons, regardless of age, race, ethnicity, language, socioeconomic status, religion, gender, national origin, abilities, family composition, and sexual orientation;
- facilitate collaboration among general educators, special educators, families, related services personnel, and community agencies to educate students in inclusive settings.
- utilize innovative and evidence-based practices for assessment and evaluation, program planning, curriculum, educational interventions, positive behavioral supports and transition aimed at the development of life-long learners.
- be active participants in innovative and evidence-based practices and should be supported in developing skills for self-reflection, critical analysis, and dissemination of information on effective practices.
- demonstrate the core values of student advocacy, teacher advocacy, cultural competence, and family-centered, transdisciplinary collaboration.
- be effective agents of systems change and promoters of social justice in their schools, programs, communities, and professional disciplines.
- facilitate the development of self-determination and self-advocacy in all students and their families with the goal of achieving meaningful life outcomes.
- demonstrate a high standard of ethics in all of their professional activities.
Phone: (916) 278-4978 | Office: Eureka Hall 401 | Email:firstname.lastname@example.org