Single Subject: Mandatory Orientation
Fall Semester 2015
Date: Thursday, August 27 and Friday, August 28
Time: 8:00 am - 4:30 pm
Location: Mariposa Hall 1000
Welcome!! The orientation will be a mix of instruction and community building. The experiences listed below will encompass the orientation. Be sure to bring water and wear clothing that allows you move around and be comfortable.
Thursday, August 27
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm: (Welcome and Single Subject Program Overview)
- 12:15 pm - 1:15 pm: LUNCH (Bring your Own/Campus Eateries)
- 1:30 pm - 2:30 pm: Orientation to Graduate Student Life at Sacramento State
- 2:30 pm - 3:45 pm: Begin Long Introductions
- 3:45 pm - 3:55 pm: Break
- 3:55 pm - 4:30 pm: People Search/Review the Day
Friday, August 28
- 8:00 am - 12:00 pm: Bafá Bafá Cross-Cultural Simulation
- 12:00 - 12:45 pm LUNCH (Bring your Own/Campus Eateries)
- 1:00 - 4:00 pm Conclude Long Introductions
SUMMER READING for ALL CANDIDATES
Please complete both summer readings prior to August 27th and come ready to discuss each on the first day of orientation.
- Palmer, Parker J., “The Heart of a Teacher, Identity and Integrity in Teaching”
- Single Subject Teacher Preparation Field Placement Handbook
If you have any questions, please contact the Teaching Credentials Office.