Multiple Subject SPARK Workshop
About the Workshop
SPARK workshops are structured to provide each participant with a practical, working knowledge of the SPARK curricula, as well as the skills and the instructional techniques needed for the successful implementation.
The PE requirement for Multiple Subjects candidates can be met by taking a course: KINS 172 or by completing the SPARK Elementary PE Workshop. Completion of the workshop fulfills the Multiple Subjects Credential PE requirement. However, it is not a course and will NOT be placed on your transcripts. Teaching Credentials will provide the names of students to the credential office upon successful completion of the workshop.
Only online sign-ups will be accepted. Enrollment is on a first come first served basis. You MUST be attend the entire one-day workshop and bring the following in order to attend obtain credit for the class:
- SPARK manual, grades 3-6
- Be prepared to participate in physical activity
- Sneakers, gym shoes, loose clothing/gym wear is a must
- Snacks and bottled water
Each workshop will be capped at ONLY 25 participants.
- Improve physical education content offerings and instructional methodology of teachers
- Motivate teachers to embrace new ideas and apply those ideas to their teaching
- Increase physical activity opportunities on campus throughout the school day (before school, during lunch, after school) for all students
- Modify the school environment to make it more conductive to physical activity promotion and facilitate lasting change
Current Workshop Schedule
|Friday, November 6, 2015||Sign up now for this workshop||YSM 135|
If you have any questions, please contact the Teaching Credentials Office.