Preliminary Administrative Service Intern
Graduates of EDLP programs over the past two decades now serve in a broad variety of leadership and management positions throughout the region, and the country. Some have chosen to pursue doctoral studies in Educational Leadership after completing their Master's level studies and have gained critical experience in leadership.
All Educational Leadership programs are organized to be cohort-based. Groups of students admitted each application cycle will take all of their courses together. Enrollments are predictable, and a course of study can be planned in advance in relation to the availability of highly qualified faculty. Cohorts provide students a foundation from which to build important professional support networks with their classmates/colleagues, while facilitating collaborative and cooperative learning experiences throughout the program and into their careers.
- School-level Education Administrator (Principal, Vice Principal, etc)
- Professor (College, University, Private)
- Instructional Coach
- To articulate and apply theories and practices of leadership in educational settings
- To integrate leadership behaviors with management and supervisory practices
- To competently apply leadership skills to complex education organizations
- To master leadership competencies required to meet state standards for educational leadership/administration
- To apply theories of ethics to leadership decision making
- To develop knowledge, understanding and skills needed to utilize research in education, becoming familiar and competent with the use of available research literature, the tools to access it, and its application to current educational issues, practices and delivery systems
- To develop and utilize the skills of research in education to develop and evaluate educational programs and initiatives
- To appropriately and effectively address, improve, and maximize educational opportunity and achievement for diverse learners
Phone: (916) 278-4957 | Office: Eureka Hall 430 | Email: email@example.com