Credential: Pupil Personnel Services School Psychology Internship
- Practitioner in School Psychology
- Administration and Policy Development
- School Psychology Faculty
Units required for Certificate: >>NEEDS CONTENT
Refer to the catalog for detailed admission and academic requirements.
Our expected learning outcomes for school psychology students follow from the training model, philosophy, and knowledge base that serve as the foundation for our program. We expect that as practicing school psychologists you will:
- continually develop professional skills through reflective practice, critical thinking, and mindfulness of current research;
- understand the structure of schools and other agencies that serve students with special needs;
- are cognizant of effective instructional practices and use this knowledge in fostering cognitive/academic development for all students;
- conceptualize student needs from a developmental and ecological perspective;
- be cognizant of prevention and intervention strategies that foster positive mental, physical, and academic well being for both students and staff;
- utilize a wide range of methods in assessing student needs, designing appropriate interventions, and evaluating the effectiveness of those interventions;
- engage in ongoing evaluation of programs and services with an awareness of organizational change strategies;
- utilize counseling and consultation approaches that reframe problems with the goal of developing strategies for solution;
- implement problem-solving approaches that lead to problem solution within the school framework or to an appropriate outside referral;
- develop an understanding of specialized needs of diverse student populations, including issues of culture, unique learning needs, alternative lifestyles etc.;
- collaborate with schools and families in implementing interventions that promote positive outcomes for all students;
- conduct themselves in a manner consistent with ethical and legal standards of the profession.
Brighton Hall 225
Visit the admissions page to learn how to apply.