How to Apply: Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program
Fall 2017 Application Deadlines
University Graduate School Application (via CSU Mentor) due no later than by 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017
Supplemental Program Application (see below) due no later than by 4:00 p.m. Thursday, March 2, 2017
**Incomplete applications will not be accepted**
Thank you for your interest in the CSUS Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program! Please READ all instructions carefully and thoroughly BEFORE completing the FALL 2017 application process. Applicants MUST submit ALL supplemental application documents by the due date to be considered for admission.
To apply to a Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program:
Step 1: Review the Admission Requirements.
Step 2: Complete the University Graduate Application online.
Applicants must complete and submit the CSU application for graduate school admission online at: www.csumentor.edu no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017. There is a $55.00 non-refundable application fee that must be paid at the time the application is submitted.
In the process of completing the university application, you will need to select your specific education program under Enrollment Plans, Major/Program objective.
- Proceed to CSU Mentor and create and account to start application process
- Review the Application Information and click on "Begin Application" to proceed to the application
- Select the appropriate "Term applying for:"
- Under "Major/ Program object:" please select either "Education Doctorate (P-12)" or "Education Doctorate (Community College)"
- Select "Doctorate" in the "Degree objective" field
- In the Credential's section, please select the field that applies
- Complete the "Previous Application/Attendance" section if applicable
- Click on "Next" at the bottom of the page and proceed with completing your personal and college information
Step 3: Send official transcripts from all colleges and universities attended other than Sacramento State to Office of Graduate Studies.
Transcripts needed for CSU application:
- Non-Sac State students:
- One (1) set of official transcripts (sealed) from all community colleges, colleges, and universities attended. Submit this set of transcripts directly to the Office of Graduate Studies (OGS) no later than 4:00 p.m. Wednesday, March 1, 2017.
- **Electronic transcripts cannot be accepted at this time**
- Sac State students:
- If you graduated/are graduating from Sacramento State, you DO NOT need to submit any additional transcripts to OGS unless you attended another college after graduation.
Foreign Degrees: Applicants with degrees from outside of the United States, please call OGS at (916) 278-6470. Foreign documents/transcripts must be sent directly from your University to OGS and received no later than February 2017.
Office of Graduate Studies
California State University, Sacramento
6000 J Street River Front Center - 206
Sacramento, CA 95819-6112
Step 4: Establish a SacLink account (required to complete the application process).
Following successful completion of Steps 1-3, you will receive a confirmation email from the Office of Graduate Studies noting your Sac State ID number and instructions to set up your SacLink Account at www.saclink.csus.edu. Please make sure that your email provider is set up to accept email from csus.edu.
Step 5: Complete the Supplemental Application for Graduate Admission and assemble associated documents.
- The Ed.D. Supplemental Application for Graduate Admission (Supplemental Application for Graduate Admission form below)
- Written statement of purpose
- Response to the three questions
- Student Information Form
- Statistical Information Questionnaire
- Official Graduate Record Examination (GRE) General Test results no older than five (5) years from date of application (Note: scores from all three sections of the GRE General Test: Verbal, Quantitative & Analytical writing are required)
- Resume detailing education and professional experience
- A writing sample at least 10 pages but not exceeding 20 pages, such as a portion of a thesis or project, a professional report, or journal article in which you were the sole author
- A statement of support for your doctoral studies from your employer or, if this is not available, an indication of your plan for meeting the program demands and your professional responsibilities. In particular, explain how you will balance the demands of the program with your professional and personal life
- One (1) set of unofficial transcripts, including any from Sacramento State.
Step 6: UPLOAD your supplemental application and supporting documents via the secure website "Click Here" using your SacState login EMPLID.
Step: 7: Mail three letters of recommendation to the Program Office in the College of Education (Letter of Recommendation form below).
Doctorate in Educational Leadership Program
California State University, Sacramento
College of Education
6000 J Street - Eureka Hall 318
Sacramento, CA 95819-6079
Related Forms and Resources
|Checklist of Required Application Documents|
|Letter of Recommendation|
|Supplemental Application for Graduate Admission|
Phone: (916) 278-2282 | Office: Eureka Hall 318