Commencement Ceremonies: Fall 2014
Date, Time, and Location
Date: Saturday, December 20, 2014
Sleep Train Arena, Sacramento, California
Students Assemble: 4 pm
Ceremony Begins: 5 pm
Commencement Ceremony Sign-up
Please use the College of Education Commencement RSVP to let us know how many guests you will be bringing.
Participants in the College of Education
Bachelor of Arts Candidates
- Career and Technical Studies
- Child Development
- Deaf Studies
- Multiple Subject
- Single Subject
- Special Education: Education Specialist
- Preliminary Administrative Services
Master of Arts Candidates
- Bilingual/Multicultural Education
- Child Development
- Educational Leadership and Policy Studies
- School Psychology
- Special Education
- Teacher Education
- Workforce Development Advocacy
- Gender Equity
Master of Science Candidates
- Counselor Education
- Vocational Rehabilitation
Caps and gowns
Caps, gowns, tassels and honor cords may be purchased at the Associated Students, Inc. business office in the University Union (3rd Floor). Purchase your cap and gown early to ensure proper size.
There will be a hooding ceremony during commencement for master's students. Faculty marshals will assist Masters students in the proper way to fold and carry their hood into the ceremony.
Honors cords are given to Bachelors candidates only and will be given to students when they pick up their caps and gowns. To find out if you are receiving academic honors or to purchase an honor cord, please check with the ASI office at (916) 278-7916.
Credential Candidates may wear the gown they wore for bachelor's ceremony or borrow a black gown from a friend. Many of the credential cohorts distinguish themselves with special designations, i.e. neck cords or cloth around the shoulders, decorated mortar boards. Some coordinators have established regalia for their cohorts.
Note: All graduates participating in commencement must wear academic regalia.
Petition to Graduate
The RSVP for the ceremony is not a Petition to Graduate, which must be filed with the University Registrar. For more information on the Petitions to Graduate, visit the registrar website. The College of Education is not responsible for the printed program. Please note: signing up to walk in the ceremony does not guarantee that your name will be printed in the Commencement Program.
If you filed your petition to graduate with the University Registrar in advance of the deadline, your name will be printed in the commencement program booklet. Signing up with your college to participate in a commencement ceremony does not guarantee that your name will be printed in the commencement program.
To confirm that your name will be listed in the program, email firstname.lastname@example.org or leave a message with the Commencement Office at (916) 278-4724. If you have changed your name since applying for graduation, please contact the registrar’s office at (916) 278-7111.
- Hearing Assistance - A sign language interpreter will be on the stage, as well as displayed on the jumbo-tron for all ceremonies.
- Graduate Seating - If you are in need of special seating accommodations, please contact the commencement office and your respective college to make arrangements.
- Sleep Train Arena Seating - If your family or guests are in need of special seating, report to the Special Services table inside the main entrance for assistance.
- Restrooms - Wheelchair accessible restrooms are located throughout the arena on the concourse level. Restrooms are clearly marked.
- Handicapped Accessible Parking - To locate accessible parking, please park in Parking Lot H (Map). Please enter through Toll Plaza 5. For your convenience, you may also drop patrons off in front of the Box Office.
- For other reasonable accommodations needs for the Commencement Ceremony please contact the Commencement office at email@example.com or (916) 278-4724.
For More Information
- Sacramento State commencement web pages
- Sam Churich, University Commencement and Special Events Coordinator at (916) 278-4952