The Annual Multicultural Education Conference
Download the Conference Announcement
Download the Call for Presentations
Submit a Presentation Proposal
We are accepting presentation proposals for the 2014 conference. The proposal submission form must be submitted by Friday, February 21, 2014.
Register Your Attendance
The 2014 Multicultural Education Conference is free (and includes free parking), but help us plan by registering your attendance.
About the Conference
The College of Education is proud to celebrate the 20th Anniversary Multicultural Education Conference. Over the years this annual event has provided an opportunity for Sacramento State faculty, students, and local educators to join in their ongoing efforts to promote educational excellence, social justice and equity in the regions K-12 schools. Past conference themes have highlighted issues affecting California’s historically underserved students (low income, English learners, and culturally different populations). In that tradition, this year’s conference theme speaks to the important role educators play in addressing ongoing educational deficits and inequities in their respective classrooms.
Breakout Session Strands
Dr. Au's address will be followed by 45 breakout sessions addressing topics related to the conference theme, including:
- Bilingual Education/Second Language Acquisition
- Community Organization/Work/Policy
- Curriculum and Instructional Strategies for Diverse Student Populations
- Educational Leadership in Multicultural Higher Education
- Empowerment through Critical Pedagogy
- Identity Politics and Power Relations in Society
- Impact of Educational/Social Reform Policies on working with diverse populations
- Parent/Community Involvement/Organizing/Activism
- Social Justice Civic Involvement/K-12 Service Learning
- Teaching for Social Justice in K-12 Classrooms