Kimberly Gordon Biddle
Contact Information and Office Hours
|Contact Information||Office Hours|
Brighton Hall 131
Tuesday: 1:00 - 2:30 pm
Wednesday: 9:30 - 11:00 am
Joined Faculty: July 2002
"You are not obligated to win. You are obligated to to do the best you can everyday."
- Marian Wright Edelman
"Climb every mountain, forge every stream, follow every rainbow, 'til you find your dream."
- The Sound of Music
Areas of Research/Scholarly Activity
Motivation, resilience, and socialization processes in the education of children and youth – focus on underserved populations such as ethnic groups and impoverished groups.
CHDV 30 - Human Development
CHDV 35 - Child and Adolescent Development
CHDV 35F - Human Development and Elementary Field Experience
CHDV 132 - Fieldwork in Child Development
CHDV 138/L - Social and Emotional Development/Laboratory
CHDV 157 - Infant and Toddler: Development and Care
CHDV 246 - Motivational Processes in Children
- BA in Psychology and Music - University of Redlands
- EdS in Program Evaluation - Stanford University
- PhD in Child and Adolescent Development - Stanford University
Professional Awards or Commendations
- American Psychological Association, MFP Fellow
- American Psychological Association Dissertation Award
- Outstanding Teacher of the Year CSUS College of Education
- Outstanding Service to the University CSUS College of Education
Gordon Biddle, K.A; Garcia-Nevarez, A.; Roundtree Henderson, W.; and Valero-Kerrick, A. (January 2013) Early Childhood Education: Becoming a Professional. Thousand Oaks, CA: SAGE Publications.
- Crowder, J. & Gordon Biddle, K.A. When an opportunity changes a life: The value of learning to code. In R. Papa and F. English (Eds.) Educational Leaders Without Borders: Rising to Global Challenges to Educate All. Cham, Switzerland: Springer International Publishing.
- Gordon Biddle, K.A. & Dickson, S. (2015). Trends in Student Services and Counseling. In F. English (Ed.) Guide to Educational Leadership and Management. Los Angeles, CA: SAGE Publications.
View Curriculum Vitae (pdf)
Last updated: 20 January 2015
Update Your Profile